The forecase for this week is as follows:

Today +2, then +8, +9, +11, +13, +19, +15.

As excited as I am the forecast has not been expecially accurate as of late but it fills me with that one word - HOPE!

I've been thinking about building a ramp to roll the car out of the Sea Can as dad is not moving too swiftly to deciding where he wants his siding unloaded. As it turns out I've got a large supply of 2 by 12's, 8 feet long that I could probably do something with. My fear of course is that the car is not insured for the road, this is a long weekend and could I avoid the temptation to head to the highway for a rip??

Ponoka 2015 sounds good Riley! I wonder if we could rent a chassis dyno someplace (Edmonton or Calgary?) and I could AirMiles Manny and Arun out here and interested owners could pool to pay them for a day or two's time to freshen our cars up? Maybe they could bring my camshaft then??!! Of course I'm probably deluding myself that installing a new camshaft is that simple too - there is a bit more "stuff" in front of the engine now than there used to be!!!!!!

I'm lucky in that the expected RC payment is uncommitted so it could be freed up for something like this, assuming there were others who also were looking for something like that.............

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
OK how is this for tickling your funny bone.

Last week the notice that my appeal was successful, the cheque would be following.

Today another RC envelope in the mail - no cheque but telling my my appeal was successful - AGAIN! - and sent my registered mail this time!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll get two refunds cheques??!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

The cheque was not only "in the mail" as they say but as of 5 pm it was in my hand.

And yes boys and girls, RC even seems to have tacked on interest.............!

Cheers,

Garry

I'm off to the butcher's tonight yet and they'll be ready to grill when you want them!

What a great way to end my day after loading grain in 40 km winds at +17, and of course silly me spotted the truck on the upwind side so as I was loading the three trucks the chaff and dust blew right down onto me. Oops. But finally the cars for my grain are due in this week which means that finally after almost 5 months I can generate some income.........

Cheers,

Garry

Based on the fact you had $XXXXXX - <- 6 x's....you must have had a HELL of alot of work done to be getting that kinda money back on the taxes :D

j/k

Glad it worked for you....we are still fighting over my daughter being a dependant in 2013....she's 8.

So, that begs the question, what exactly does RC consider an 8 year old child??!!

Ernie, If I'd thought that the guidelines were such that I had missed the application dezadline to qualifiy I'd have not applied. But it was a case, according to the appliation guidelines, of the 12 month application deadline STARTING from the day the property is "REMOVED" back to your home province and this made me think this would be a simple matter. Yes, some work was done to car way before the 12 month period lapsed, however, the car never returned to Alberta until July 2013 and I applied in April 2014 so I never expected there to be an issue based on the dates of the earlier invoices from October 2012.

I felt that RC's reason for rejection didn't apply to me, thus the reasoning for appealing their decision.

But you do wonder how many others in a similar situation get frustrated and give up????

Cheers,

Garry

Bumping an old thread............

Huge thanks to Garry for pointing this procedure out. It has taken a few days shy of six months and three separate submissions, but they finally paid it (with interest) :Party:

On every submission, they managed to find reasons to deny my claim. I was fully prepared for a final PFO letter in my mailbox. It took a few nasty letters on my part to get reimbursed, but it finally paid off. Dealing with the government has to be the most frustrating process known to man. :Banghead:

Now....... What mods to do next with these newly acquired funds? :Biggrin:

Man that is great news. I have come to the conclusion that our governmental system no longer works. I don't care what level of government, they are all the same. So it is nice to hear that common sense on occasion does come into play.

Now you have the most difficult task of all with this case. Just what indeed do you spend your new found wealth on?

Good to hear, tho it took all your patience I bet. Only 6 months huh? ......

Next time, believe me, it won't get any better as many of us, I'm sure can attest to.

Murray is right: there never has been a more draconian, ridiculous way of 'working' for the public.

Take a few bucks and have a few stiff drinks...... you've earned it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.