roger

You're 5
May 9, 2015
barrie on
VetteCoins
Car
1978 basic
Apparently an adaptor is required to recharge the air from the top valve. Currently my mechanic recharges from the bottom. He changed system from R12 to R134.
I checked with Ecklers ..no luck.
Apparently I lost each seasons charge thru the condenser which has different metals(AL & steel)

Any experience obtaining an adaptor if they exist will be appreciated

I talked to Red Tek and they have R12 TO 134 ADAPTOR IN THEIR kit but it attaches to the low port only..same as what my mechanic does now.

My mech. strongly advised NOT to use pro seal as it would clog everything.

He says recharge each year or put ur windows down...seems that was mentioned before.

Replaced the condenser 3 years ago.....$350 from Ecklers. That year A/C was cold, next year recharge lasted 1 month but port was leaking..reset vave and recharged.
last year recharge lasted 6 weeks...no leaks according to pressure test and dye.
Will try again soon for this year.
I suspect compressor is leaking.

if you are still looking for adapters , then try canadian tire, I seen some right on the shelf with all the a/c stuff, or look on ebay. The sealant cans are not good as they bugger things up including guages. Try stick with R12 freon if you can find it, it is still the best stuff.

Thanks FIRE
already using 134...A/C guy used 2X dye and thinks he found the problem. Time will tell and I'll find out the problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread