Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Barrie, Ontario and surrounding areas are commuter cities and towns with folks heading to and from Toronto. Highway 400 between Toronto and Barrie is a very well used road. There used to be a "rush" hour on the roads surrounding Toronto but it seems that "rush" hour is now twenty four seven. Incredibly congested road and with construction and reduced speed limits those restricted areas. It can be a bit intimidating to drive that road. Not really sure if you are driving with the flow or rather just being ushered along with the masses.

When you toss into the mix the occasional aggressive driver the whole picture changes. Sometimes wonder if Corvettes can be like a magnet for them. Heading north yesterday the traffic was very heavy but moving at 120 to 140 depending on which lane you tried to stay in. Several times drivers would creep up or accelerate to just sit on my bumper even though I was in the middle lane and passing the cars on the inside lane. They seemed content to just sit there even when opportunities to move to the passing lane presented themselves. Why? Who knows but there is not much you can do to shake these low performance drivers in traffic that heavy. It is not uncommon to go from 140 to zero for no apparent reason on this road so having someone sitting right on your bumper is well, unerving. I just am not used to this anymore living in the country where a traffic jam is two cars every five minutes so.

Stay alert folks they are out there. The crazies are waiting.:(

I find that this happens all the time, some people get so close I can't even see there licence plate. I don't get it.

I find they tend to drop off and fall behind quickly at about 160.
Jokes aside these idiots are really dangerous as they are now focusing on your bumper and not the road ahead or around them. Well we hope they are focused on you bumper.
My favourites are the clowns in the lifted diesel pickups who have black smoke pouring out of the stove pipe hanging out of the side. They have to pass everything and love to ride in the massive slip stream on the corvette to eventually lunge out to the left (or right) and roar past cutting back in 10 feet ahead.
Had one of these guys going through Edson last summer. He actually wanted to race. Kept taunting me going through town on 16. Pulled out from behind me eventually and floored the POS and at about 55 kph was smoking the left rear tire for quite a while. His super loud POS, jacked up, redneck, dodge powder puff wagon was waiting at the next red light with a cop car behind him looking intently at his license plate which was conveniently far up in the air so he could see it clearly just past his hood.
Normally this would have just made me laugh but there was a ton of traffic and this idiot was only focusing on showing the Z06 Corvette driver that he could win a race; which is ludicrous to begin with.
What was interesting is all eyes were on me when I got the the light. They saw I didn’t bite and were likely glad that a possible major wreck in which these cars would have been involved in didn’t happen.
So we as drivers of Corvettes have to face these aggressive drivers in more ways than the random stupidity so many drivers around us have as Murray pointed out. Sometimes we are targeted and that just makes it more frustrating.
I’m just glad I’m 55 with a 650 HP car not 25.... or this story might have had a much different ending.

I find they tend to drop off and fall behind quickly at about 160.
Jokes aside these idiots are really dangerous as they are now focusing on your bumper and not the road ahead or around them. Well we hope they are focused on you bumper.
My favourites are the clowns in the lifted diesel pickups who have black smoke pouring out of the stove pipe hanging out of the side. They have to pass everything and love to ride in the massive slip stream on the corvette to eventually lunge out to the left (or right) and roar past cutting back in 10 feet ahead.
Had one of these guys going through Edson last summer. He actually wanted to race. Kept taunting me going through town on 16. Pulled out from behind me eventually and floored the POS and at about 55 kph was smoking the left rear tire for quite a while. His super loud POS, jacked up, redneck, dodge powder puff wagon was waiting at the next red light with a cop car behind him looking intently at his license plate which was conveniently far up in the air so he could see it clearly just past his hood.
Normally this would have just made me laugh but there was a ton of traffic and this idiot was only focusing on showing the Z06 Corvette driver that he could win a race; which is ludicrous to begin with.
What was interesting is all eyes were on me when I got the the light. They saw I didn’t bite and were likely glad that a possible major wreck in which these cars would have been involved in didn’t happen.
So we as drivers of Corvettes have to face these aggressive drivers in more ways than the random stupidity so many drivers around us have as Murray pointed out. Sometimes we are targeted and that just makes it more frustrating.
I’m just glad I’m 55 with a 650 HP car not 25.... or this story might have had a much different ending.

Totally agree. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's the the Smart Two, the family Caravan, or the accountant on the bicycle, they all want to get that my-life-sucks, testosterone filled, adrenaline rush that's missing from their existence... And it really pisses them of when you flip to Tr mode and bring the revs up to about 4500 just before the light turns.... Green light....They chirp and jerk off the line only to realize that you're still at the light laughing your ass off at them.... The GT Mustangs are even funnier cause they leave the line with an impressive squealing, burning rubber 0.6 sec reaction time only to realize the there was a Peace officer three cars back he didn't see.....

:laughatyou:That my friends, really makes my day.....

I've only had my Corvette since the end of last June, but I haven't had too much trouble with wanna bees egging me on. I do feel like some people tail gate in town when I'm usually doing the speed limit or 10 KM over, but it could also be my perception because of how low the car is. I definitely feel like people have a harder time seeing the car, especially in the denser traffic and with the proliferation of SUVs, so I take my time changing lanes, am on the look out for people turning into me, and when going through intersections.

The cyclists can be frustrating at times, for all the appealing they do for motorists looking out for them, the sub set I see running red lights, stop signs, wobbling around at intersections with their shoes locked into their pedals, treating cross walks as though they're a pedestrian, all emphasizing a sense of entitlement.

Reactions: ddgermann
I've only had my Corvette since the end of last June, but I haven't had too much trouble with wanna bees egging me on. I do feel like some people tail gate in town when I'm usually doing the speed limit or 10 KM over, but it could also be my perception because of how low the car is. I definitely feel like people have a harder time seeing the car, especially in the denser traffic and with the proliferation of SUVs, so I take my time changing lanes, am on the look out for people turning into me, and when going through intersections.

The cyclists can be frustrating at times, for all the appealing they do for motorists looking out for them, the sub set I see running red lights, stop signs, wobbling around at intersections with their shoes locked into their pedals, treating cross walks as though they're a pedestrian, all emphasizing a sense of entitlement.

I think you are right about the tailgating. I have experienced this as well. It seems everyone wants to keep up to the Vette. Or just want a closer look.
I don’t get too many players at the lights or in traffic but on the highway it’s a different story. Lots of cars passing with a distance full throttle run up followed by the “quick” turn in after to show the corvette who’s boss.
Normally I laugh but I have dropped a gear occasionally and completely ruined their day.
I love the look on their face as their high speed pass ends with them beside me and quickly seeing my taillights disappearing. 😂

I know, but it does make my day.... love the pull of the Z06 at 3000 rpm. ❤️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.