Postie

Feb 28, 2009
Cold lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Looking at picking up a set of Rims to replace my stock ones with
C6 Chrome plated reproduction wheels

Replace your stock 2005-2007 C6 wheels with these new Chrome 2008 Split Spoke wheels.

The question is ref to the Tire Sensors. Will this affect that and if so in what way other than them not working. Will the computer constantly warn me a prob. Do I have to purchase rims that incorperate those sensors? or are the sensors located in a different location.

Looking at picking up a set of Rims to replace my stock ones with
C6 Chrome plated reproduction wheels

Replace your stock 2005-2007 C6 wheels with these new Chrome 2008 Split Spoke wheels.

The question is ref to the Tire Sensors. Will this affect that and if so in what way other than them not working. Will the computer constantly warn me a prob. Do I have to purchase rims that incorperate those sensors? or are the sensors located in a different location.

The sensors are locate at the valve stem on the factory wheel as well as most after market. So change over is not a problem . Some higher wheels have a lug in the center of the wheel barrel to mount the sensor. After market corvette specific wheel come with sensor mounts.

Hope that helps, and let me know if I can help with you with your purchase as I have access to most brands from mild to wild.

Thx
[email protected]
519-240-2601

Tks Manny for the info. Sounds like an easy changeover. I'll just keep the valve stems I take it and use them in the new.
What I'm looking for are rims utilizing the rubber that I have on now. Same OEM sizes that I have. front and rear. 18x8.5 F and 19x10 R
Chrome Split Spoke sort of idea. make and brand, well i've found way too many choices. For me none specific. Something like this for example.

C6 Corvette Chrome Wheel Package

Ideas?

Tks Manny for the info. Sounds like an easy changeover. I'll just keep the valve stems I take it and use them in the new.
What I'm looking for are rims utilizing the rubber that I have on now. Same OEM sizes that I have. front and rear. 18x8.5 F and 19x10 R
Chrome Split Spoke sort of idea. make and brand, well i've found way too many choices. For me none specific. Something like this for example.

C6 Corvette Chrome Wheel Package

Ideas?

Thly what's exactly what I would have suggested . Josh at RPI is a good guy to deal with, just let him know that Manny from ECP in Canada sent you and he may cut you a little better deal as well as ship them under the wire if you get what I mean :D

Should look nice , I would say have a look at the C6 Spider wheel also:

Link 2009 C6 Z06 Spyder Wheel Set for C6 Corvette

Thx
[email protected]

Perfect, Coincidently I have just taked with Josh on thurs when I ordered the SLP rear spoiler and painted door handles, machine silver. Now I'll have to possibly rethink, the Spyder Rims do look great as well. Looks like rims in my near future. Nows the time, while she's in the garage.
Tks for the assistance Manny

Perfect, Coincidently I have just taked with Josh on thurs when I ordered the SLP rear spoiler and painted door handles, machine silver. Now I'll have to possibly rethink, the Spyder Rims do look great as well. Looks like rims in my near future. Nows the time, while she's in the garage.
Tks for the assistance Manny

Not a problem, please post up some pictures you your wheels are on.

I bought some cheap reproduction C6 Z06 rims that look great on the car, I was amazed at the quality for the price.
There is the other version that I was look at also with the different split but just liked the look of these a bit more.

rims1024x768fe.jpg

Here they are mounted up on the car over at Manny's, good luck and post up some photos when its all done.

newrims.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.