Casual User
Feb 25, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
C8 corvette
Province
ON
Hi gents,

Like a lot of folks I've got a C8 on order but am interested in aftermarket rims. I know there a few good companies in the US that are advertising on other forums however do we have any local options?

What are most planning? Order and ship from the US? Any group buys planned?

That makes sense. Never thought of that. Do you need to have a PO box of sorts?

I'm relatively close to the border (Burlington, Ontario) so the trek to the border isn't an issue per se. Assume duties would be stiff certainly.

I'll likely do that.
Thx for the response.

I purchase a lot in the USA and bring stuff across very frequently.
1. there are plenty of warehouses that accept shipments for Canadians in nearby USA towns, most charge $5 per box per month to hold.
2. There would be absolutely no product duties if the product is made in USA, thats what NAFTA is about. You will be charged for going over personal exemptions, here is a guide for exemptions: Guide for residents returning to Canada
3. You will be charged GST and Provincial tax if your Province has one.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparro and Gilles27

I'm relatively close to the border (Burlington, Ontario) so the trek to the border isn't an issue per se. Assume duties would be stiff certainly.

I'll likely do that.
Thx for the response.
Easy and cheap they will even bring it over the border for you if you want

MMR free shipping to the border, I'm picking mine up in Ogdensburg N.Y, 1.5 hours drive maybe make a trip out of it and go to Syracuse for a night!
That is a good idea. The only question is what are you doing with your OEM rims then? If you ship back for MRRs buyback that works. But if you want to keep your OEM rims there will be questions at the border. How do you plan on dealing with that?

That is a good idea. The only question is what are you doing with your OEM rims then? If you ship back for MRRs buyback that works. But if you want to keep your OEM rims there will be questions at the border. How do you plan on dealing with that?
The other option is call a U.S chevrolet dealer and arrange shipment to them, switch them over for you get your $500 from MMR and just drive back over whenever it suits you. Maybe do an overnight shopping trip

Gilles, it's the brokerage fee that always gets ya. No duties on anything made in North America thanks to NAFTA and/or USMCA deal. So you can just go over the border and pickup your new MRR wheels and drive them back and pay the HST on the "receipt" you have... wink wink nudge nudge understood.

• Agree
Reactions: ABC and Gilles27

I'll likely do that.
Thx for the response.
Drive your C8 over the boarder and have your new rims installed Stateside and say nothing at the Border

I'll likely do that.
Thx for the response.
Drive your C8 over the boarder and have your new rims installed Stateside and say nothing at the Border

I use a company in Niagara Falls, NY for all of my US purchases. CBI Parcel. Great outfit. You pay per shipment and they will host a P.O. Box for you. New big location on Military Rd.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.