HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
What's the latest with respect to additives? I did some research on products like zMax and the like but can't really find anything but marketing hype...

I used Slick 50 a number of years ago and either coincidentally or as a direct result, both engines developed minor valve train issues (valve seals etc).

I already use Royal Purple BUT just thought I would see if anyone had some thoughts on these products...

Long story short, the best additive is nitrous.:D Anything that is designed to slick up components in your engine is more likely to slick up the parts that are stationary rather than the ones that are rubbing together. I would just say to stick with a good oil. If anyone has a different opinion, I am all ears.

Long story short, the best additive is nitrous.:D Anything that is designed to slick up components in your engine is more likely to slick up the parts that are stationary rather than the ones that are rubbing together. I would just say to stick with a good oil. If anyone has a different opinion, I am all ears.

:agree:

For the most part they are more hype than anything else. If we were to buy all the garbage that claim's to improve performance and fuel economy, there wouldn't be any room for the oil:rofl:

I am having issues with oil disappearing, threw in some Slick50 engine restorer and it seems to have plugged the problem for the time being, give it a few more miles before I swear by it tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.