This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Actual Eray owner experience

Be careful you have to paid taxes on almost everything you add to your car that cost over 5 k for a full year after you get the car

The heading is "Actual E-Ray owner experience", so allow me to share the first few days.

We brought the car home from St. Catharines to London on Thursday.
(Hat's off to Tracy Wilks (Brian Cullen Motors), and Scott (Mr. Corvette), for ensuring this transaction went as seamlessly and expeditiously as possible.)
Friday, we headed off to join up with Dennis's 2 day extravaganza at Vettfest in Bayfield.
(As a note, if you are going on a cruise with Dennis, bring directions - after the first few corners we were all rather 'scattered'.)
The country drive on Friday night was a lot of fun, but I'm sure it would have been even more so were I past my break-in mileage.
I honestly believe the local authorities were told to take the night off.
Saturday at the park is where the separation of the E-Ray over all those other glorious 'toys' seemed most prevalent.
Very few observers seemed to know exactly what it was, but almost everyone would try to sort it out.
Not being one to stand around discussing mechanics (my lack of knowledge would only prove embarrassing), I would sit back and listen to others chat.
"Where do you plug it in?"
"Do the batteries take up all of the trunk space?"
"Does it get better mileage?"
"If it's electric, are the tailpipes just for looks?"
On two occassions, I had the opportunity of witnessing fine young men explaining to their dates all the intricasies of this Z06, only to be forced to retract once they saw the badging.

As for the car itself, I haven't had it long enough, or driven far enough, to offer any true comments.
All I have at this point is that the battery hasn't caught fire while parked in my garage, so that's a good thing, right?

It was nice to see you at the show. It is a beautiful car!

Reactions: DW Ruby