Apr 16, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
MB
How does the salesperson/dealer go about activating OnStar while the car is still in transit?
My car was built on Jan. 11th and I’m still waiting for delivery.
When I reached out this past Wednesday looking for an update on shipping progress, I was told it’s still sitting in Kansas City waiting to be loaded onto the train. From what they say, it’s been sitting there for at least a month. I then suggested activating OnStar, as I’ve seen this mentioned variously online, to get a better idea of where it actually is but he said that to his knowledge you can only do that from within the car by pushing the big blue button.

Thanks guys, any insight is appreciated!

How does the salesperson/dealer go about activating OnStar while the car is still in transit?
My car was built on Jan. 11th and I’m still waiting for delivery.
When I reached out this past Wednesday looking for an update on shipping progress, I was told it’s still sitting in Kansas City waiting to be loaded onto the train. From what they say, it’s been sitting there for at least a month. I then suggested activating OnStar, as I’ve seen this mentioned variously online, to get a better idea of where it actually is but he said that to his knowledge you can only do that from within the car by pushing the big blue button.

Thanks guys, any insight is appreciated!
That is a risky thing to do. It takes the car out of transport mode and can kill your battery. Then it will stay in Kansas city a lot longer.
The dealer can track your car with Workbench so unless he is lying, there is not much for you to do.

Thanks Murray!
I knew about the potential to drain the battery and would likely save this as a last ditch effort to get more info.
Does anyone know if there are guidelines on how long a car will sit in KC? He told me the car arrived there on 2023-01-24 (although I think this was a typo and meant 2023-02-24 as he told me on Feb 16th it still hadn’t left the factory)
It just seems odd to me that there is no ETA on delivery whatsoever after all this time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread