• Is this a slow day for you?

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Oct 13, 2011
Ancaster, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 convertible
I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the recent home reno and furniture buying spree taught me that apparently my taste is questionable at best :nono:

I was thinking of adding letters to the back bumper. Part of me thinks this makes no sense, people can tell it a Corvette from miles away, no need to spell it out (pun intended). However the recessed letters just don't look finished to me. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I added letters to mine. I did the CF style stick on letters from RPI Designs.
I'm not much of a chrome blingley type of guy anymore, so I like the CF subtle look better. :canada:
Just let your questionable taste be the judge.:D

P1040701.jpg

looks good Mark :D

Don't ever let anyone dictate what looks good or not on your car .
Its a personal choice , and what modding and customization is all about :canada:

I'm sure there are things on my Vettes that I have done , that are to some peoples tastes :D

I think the wheels look hideous on your car Manny and you should send them out west as soon as possible.:rofl:

As for adding letters, to me it depends if it is subtle or not. I don't like things that look out of place on a car such as a huge wing on an entirely stock 4 door sedan. The letters on the back of your car are alright in my books as you are already using the given body lines on the car. If you put a giant CORVETTE decal across your windshield, I wouldn't say I like it but I also wouldn't tell you not to do it either if you liked it.

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the recent home reno and furniture buying spree taught me that apparently my taste is questionable at best :nono:

I was thinking of adding letters to the back bumper. Part of me thinks this makes no sense, people can tell it a Corvette from miles away, no need to spell it out (pun intended). However the recessed letters just don't look finished to me. What are your thoughts?

LOL, I get the same line about my taste in things too Wayne....don't sweet it bro.
As far as I can tell, most wives like to have the "good taste" -- It makes them feel more needed and vital.
I think it's best to just play along.:D

The lettering question is a matter of taste, but one I like a lot.
A slight variation on the theme but I bought some GM stainless billet inserts for the script on the back of mine and hoping it looks nice too.

Mark's looks good too and I'm sure whatever you put in there will be nice.
The lettering from the factory is too nondescript IMHO.

Here's what mine will look like:

DSC06614.jpg

C.

I have to say that I like it. But...as long as the letters you get are a high quality set. I personally like the raised "dome" style polyurethane ones. That's just me though. It's subtle enough that most people wouldn't even notice.

Wayne, What do you think of red lettering like Mark's to go with the red interior?

That's exactly the colour I was going to go with Colin, I've noticed they also have reflective letters but I'm going to pass on that. Believe it or not my next choice was white!

I used raised white letters on white trim as my house numbers when I was in Burlington. It actually looked quite good.

LSXtasy, I also like the raised "dome" style polyurethane ones.

yep, Manny does have the horsepower :coolgleam:

Thanks CCO, didn't mean to set a link to my entire photo bucket. Just read Rileys how to post pics thread so think I got it...........again.

Back to the this thread. If you like it do it but count on some not liking it and some that do ..........simple..........now say that really fast 5 times!!

The pictures of the cars look very nice! As for linking to your photobucket account, just part of my plan for people to but their entire lives on the forum. Mwah-ha-haaa-haaaaaa!

Roworrior does a lot of RC plans too!

Users who are viewing this thread