Interesting experiences had from different A8 owners...... My 17' G.Sport A8 (11,000Kms) has had no symptoms so far...... Ill need to keep in mind the triple flush if it were to start exhibiting symptoms...🤞
Get it done now...if your car is under warranty. He bulletin states the dealer does not have to verify the complaint. The customers word is enough to get the flush done.

So I am looking to purchase a C7 corvette and most that are in the colours and options I like, are running A8 transmissions.I have always had Standard ZO6 cars but thinking of switching to Auto but concerned over some of the issues I have heard about.Are they wide spread over all years or is it just a small percentage?Who is running an A8 as a daily driver for a couple years who can chime in and make me feel warm and fuzzy about buying an Auto Vette.I have test drove one and they do shift nice and crisp but.
I have read about doing a triple flush {I assume to get all the old oil out of the TC}with the new mobile tranny fluid which appears to fix the problem.
I have a 2016 /A8 when around 20000 miles it began to vibrate like a shudder feeling. I contacted GM and found a tech notice sent out in early 2019. It included most everything including pickup trucks with the A8 transmission. 55 GAL barrels of a new formula transmission fluid and a special pump to remove the old fluid was sent to most every dealer in America. I called my dealer and he still has the barrel and pump he was sent. They replaced the old fluid with the new and after btween 150-200 miles the vibration went away. This is a no charge type of service. GM pays the bill

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Just facing ‘The Shudder’ in my 2015 Stingray that has just shy of 20,000 Kms. It was find when I parked it for the winter. I suspect the heated garage may have contributed to the moisture issue with the original oil. It’s going in the shop next Friday and I suspect they will come back suggesting the triple flush. Another local dealer quoted me just shy of $1200 as an all in price. I will circle back here with the cost and resolution when I have one. Sure hope it’s just that or it may be going for sale or trade on something else!
Well she is at the dealer now so just waiting for a call to hear what they are going to recommend and at what price.....stay tuned!!

So they called out the TSB and proceeded to complete the work. 4 hours of labour @ $140 hr plus 24 litres @ $35 litre all added up with taxes to just over $1200! GULP.....but a atleast it is fixed and I can now sleep comfortably once again!!

• Sad
So they called out the TSB and proceeded to complete the work. 4 hours of labour @ $140 hr plus 24 litres @ $35 litre all added up with taxes to just over $1200! GULP.....but a atleast it is fixed and I can now sleep comfortably once again!!
Ya, not to much fun having to open up the wallet like that. But, at least you now have a bit better piece of mind that bigger issues do not arise. Also, if you decide to sell in the future, you can show that you maintained the car as one should. May swing a buyer in your direction.....

Reactions: Racer66 and Dik
At least it's done and, hopefully, it will resolve the issue. The new ATF has proven to be very effective. I trust that they told you that it may take up to 350 kl for the "shudder" to completely disappear. Most people see positive results long before that mark.

• Agree
At least it's done and, hopefully, it will resolve the issue. The new ATF has proven to be very effective. I trust that they told you that it may take up to 350 kl for the "shudder" to completely disappear. Most people see positive results long before that mark.
They test drove it to make sure it was gone and it was completely perfect on my ride home!! All done, just the bill to pay!!

Is this mostly 2014 to 2016 models?
The majority of affected vehicles are from the 2015 and 2016 model years. However, all C7's with the A8, 8L90 transmission built through January of 2019 are subject to the TC "shudder" problem. Vehicles built from February, 2019 have the latest Mobil 1 ATF and the updated transmission components. 2014 models are not affected as they are fitted with the A6, 6L80 transmission.

Well, since my car is still under warranty I made an 8:30am appointment with my Dealership and advised the service dept that I thought I felt some vibrations or shudder from the transmission as it was changing gears. In 3 seconds flat their response was that they knew exactly what it was and they would perform the tranny flush. I left the car there and was expected to pick it up in aprx 5 to 5 1/2hrs.... but 4 1/2 hrs in, I got a call saying they were 2 litres short of the new tranny fluid (???) and were having it shipped there. So 6 1/2 hrs later all was done. Thankfully they are located only a 40 min walk to the 'Boardwalk' on the Ocean..... great day for walking and chowing down on a couple of slices of pizza.... all within social distancing rules of course. And, I also got my Covid shot! Pretty good day in sunny Vancouver......👍👍👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.