CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
It's taken 3 months to realize it but this dude or dudette was/is a true philosopher:

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn

Being a realist once" something" leaves once and returns it becomes far easier for "something" to leave the second time.The trust and bond is broken .

Bet ya didn't want to hear that .(sorry)

Being a realist once" something" leaves once and returns it becomes far easier for "something" to leave the second time.The trust and bond is broken .

Bet ya didn't want to hear that .(sorry)

No worries Stephen -- there's some truth in what you said too. But it's a chance one has to take to play in the 'game'.:)

Thanks for the input -- I feel a whole lot better today than I did 3 months ago.

C.

Good afternoon,

You know, I never wept a drop when my ex left me. My last gf I do miss deeply but again have the same thoughts - if I couldn't make her happy I am glad that she chose to go rather than staying with me and being unhappy.

Loving someone, I think, means being able to accept that sometimes their happiness may not lie with you but on a different path.

While good riddens to my ex, the 2 1/2 years with my gf were much more happy, enjoyable and filled with love for me than the 7 years with my ex-wife. I consider myself lucky that we had that 2 1/2 years together as it gave me such joy.

I always accept that some things are not forever as much as we might want them to be. And we have to be prepared for this too. But they are essential roads we need to travel on as they prepare us for when we do meet the one we should be with. It is how we grow as people, throught these experiences.

But does the loss hurt? Of course! But I also know that the relationships that I've had including my marriage have made me a better man and thus better in my subsequent relationships with women.

And also I've come to realize that I might be better off alone. Whoever first said that "A Porsche will get you through times of no sex better than sex will get you through times of no Porsche" was dead spot on. Except of course switching Corvette for Porsche!!

I am lucky to have met a great lady recently, a widow of 9 months who was married for 33 years to her high school sweetheart. It is uncomplicated, simple and straightforward. We are thankful for the time when we get to see one another since we are 2 hours apart. But we talk on the phone and email several times a day.

Neither of us are looking for marriage or even an emotionally deep relationship. It is meeting our needs right now and we both consider ourselves so lucky.

May fate also smile upon you in the same way Colin. I can think of no fellow I've met recently who I think would be so deserving.

Cheers,

Garry

Had a pretty long response.... but who wants to hear me whine! Not me! Actually it wasn't whiny but still.... it wasn't funny....and dang it if I am one thing, I am funny!

On my vast experience in relationships, here's what I learned:

Hey Colin. The first few months are the toughest. Starting over is never easy.
But there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

One thing I did learn is to do it right the second time.
Priorities change and needs and want change.

Take care. Life will only get better!! Trust me.:canada:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.