Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Soon as I saw this I thought of you Graham...
temp3_c9c7dfb401ce808dbbd9968d9c3915916d5a07f4.jpg

That is an interesting find Graham. In all the years looking in antique shops I don't think I have ever seen professionally made tapes. How is the sound quality?

I have no idea how you would ever move to Summerland, it would take three moving tractor trailers and one auto hauler.:Biggrin:

Murray..
These pre-recorded tapes are hard to find. Often times when I ask in vintage shops they say they have never had any.
Most people have never seen them. They were made until the early ‘70s.
The sound from these is amazing.
I often play them for people and they are quite surprised.
I have a few BEATLES tapes from as far back as 1964/5.
Friends cannot believe the music quality from a 40-50 year old tape, being played on a 35 year old deck through homemade speakers!
It’s a hobby. Here’s a sample..
6C16D730-F782-4F02-942E-76AACF9D0890.jpeg

These were a popular format for classical music as they could hold longer recording time. Finding the rock-n-roll tapes is rewarding.
Keep your eyes open my friends.

Moving...! Yes, that could be an adventure for sure.
Thanx
Graham

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
That is an interesting find Graham. In all the years looking in antique shops I don't think I have ever seen professionally made tapes. How is the sound quality?

I have no idea how you would ever move to Summerland, it would take three moving tractor trailers and one auto hauler.:Biggrin:

Graham, those tapes are some amazing finds. I'm impressed with the quality too, that the tapes aren't degrading. You have Aqualung on tape, wow, that must sounds neat. I recently discovered Jethro Tull, but have been into Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Doors, stuff like that for a while.

Murray, I grew up in Summerland through my teens and never saw anything near this cool, either tapes or audio equipment, in the Summerland thrift store, but maybe times have changed. The local TV/electronics repair guy had a pair of big electrostatic speakers with matching amp in his shop (not sure the make) from a customer, so was the first time I'd seen electrostatic speakers, and anything beyond what you could get at Future Shop. He said the amp was turned up then turned on by a friend of the customer, which didn't go well. He fixed it but then the customer refused payment so they were just sitting in the shop, but I never got to hear them. Incidentally, his name was Murray.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Murray..
Sometimes these tapes can be worth $100... or more.
But I have never paid more than $10 for any of mine.
I’ve been lucky.

Ian(@Creedence85 ). How’s this for an Aqualung collection....
View attachment 20050
All five popular formats.!

Graham

That's pretty complete, and definitely the coolest thing I've seen all week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread