There is already one in Peterborough on Tuesdays at the Royal Canadian Legion. They might be 4-5 miles from this proposed site. Bobcaygeon also has one on Tuesdays. Bridgenorth, is on Mondays. Warsaw and Lindsay are on Wednesdays. Thursday might work for those not inclined to drive the distance to Uxbridge. Friday has been Kawartha Downs night but I don't know the status of that organization right now. There are getting to be so many cruise nights around here that some are starting to suffer. Buckhorn may not be running this year and Warsaw attendance is down except for their special night each year where they raise in excess of $30K for some one with severe health problems. It would really be a shame to lose that one so we attend when we can. Car people certainly can't complain about nothing to do. :)

That is CRAZY! We have our very unofficial GTG on Thursdays here and the Camaro Club meets once a month. Outside of this we have a few cruise nights scattered across the summer. Definitely nothing organized weekly. I am amazed at the amount of choices you guys have!

Lots of choices around Owen Sound also. Tuesday nights at Sauble Beach right on the beach, Wednesday nights in Wiarton in Bluewater Park right along the shore of Colpoys Bay and also in Owen Sound on Wednesday nights at the Giant Tiger and the one I enjoy the most is Thursday nights in Southampton just a stone's through from Lake Huron. The 50:50 in Southampton gets up to $2000 some nights. I think Meaford has one on Tuesday nights as well but I've never been; the highway was ripped up all last summer but it's done now. And then there are the shows throughout the summer. Good times.
[mob][/mob]

A cruise night on the grass, on the waterfront would be PERFECT. Sauble Beach sound like my kind of cruise night. Sweat running down your face on hot pavement is not my idea of fun. Haugen's used to have a BIG cruise night and their special night in the summer used to draw way over a thousand cars. It has become a shadow of its old self. We haven't been there in a few years.

A cruise night on the grass, on the waterfront would be PERFECT. Sauble Beach sound like my kind of cruise night. Sweat running down your face on hot pavement is not my idea of fun. Haugen's used to have a BIG cruise night and their special night in the summer used to draw way over a thousand cars. It has become a shadow of its old self. We haven't been there in a few years.

I agree Keith, that's why the attendance at the Owen Sound night is not good; nobody enjoys sitting in a lawn chair in a mall parking lot. Southampton and Wiarton have lots of shade trees and Sauble has the breeze off Lake Huron. If you get a chance this summer, head on down to the Corvette weekend in Bayfield. Lots of shade trees and it's in the park on the grass. Really enjoyed it last year and we're going again this year. :D
[mob][/mob]

I agree Keith, that's why the attendance at the Owen Sound night is not good; nobody enjoys sitting in a lawn chair in a mall parking lot. Southampton and Wiarton have lots of shade trees and Sauble has the breeze off Lake Huron. If you get a chance this summer, head on down to the Corvette weekend in Bayfield. Lots of shade trees and it's in the park on the grass. Really enjoyed it last year and we're going again this year. :D
[mob][/mob]

Where do they have the cruise in Wiarton Case ? I used to go there for weekends with my motorhome ... loved it there !

I'd take a drive up there to a cruise any time ! Being retired has it's perks and lots of spare time is one of them ! :)

Where do they have the cruise in Wiarton Case ? I used to go there for weekends with my motorhome ... loved it there !

I'd take a drive up there to a cruise any time ! Being retired has it's perks and lots of spare time is one of them ! :)

It's just off of George Street down across from the arena in Bluewater Park; enter by the community pool. They have a 50:50 draw and sell food at the picnic shelter and proceeds go to the hospital there. Nice venue. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.