VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
I now have to get these!
1647971031134.png

ok ordered one o try out-thanks
I bought a different brand and one failed after 4 months. The seller wouldn't honour the warranty so I managed to get Amazon to take them back even though they were out of the return window. I still needed one so I thought I'd try a different product. I stumbled across the C8 picture and thought it was Kismet. lol

Reactions: Crzynot2
I bought 1 in October. About 2 months in, one of the wings quit. Few days later, another....down to three. Couple weeks later the third one quit, followed by the 4th and 5th.
Assuming 2 yr warranty, as per the ad, I tried returning it the other day. Amazon gives 3 months return. I binned it.
I used it in the (attached) unheated garage. Coldest it gets is -2⁰C.

This was a replacement for one I'd bought at TSC /Peavy, the "As advertised on TV" model. It had 4 wings, and they quit one at a time too, within a few months (less than 12) and TSC gave me a refund, no problem.

I have tons of luck. Most of it's bad. Maybe that's the problem.
Hope y'all have "good luck" with yours!

• Sad
Reactions: Murray20c8
Bought 6 of these similar in Costco for a relative’s garage.
No need to go online If they still have them. They have worked flawlwsly so far This winter. Work even in -35C weather, unlike most fluorescents. So best application for frozen climates with unheated garages.

But…..Poor mans lighting, as these throw very harsh, bright, directional light with lots of shadows. Your vette does not look good under them, if you are at all discerning. You can do much better if you want to spend $2-4K (depending on size of garage). As you can see was done in the avatar photo.

You splurged on an expensive car, spent dough on all kinds of paraphernalia to stick to it, so why cheap-out on the box you house it in? There is a reason you will not find these in any showroom garage.

BTW: I consider the garage as another room in the house, and spend a lot of time there. If you ride her hard, put her away wet, and ignore your garage, then disregard any advice I said above.

Last edited:
I am not advocating for these. I just thought it was kismet that they used a C8 in the ad.
In my barn I removed all the ballasts from the fluorescent fixtures and replaced the tubes with LED versions.
These (above) are reasonably priced at ~$15 per lamp so if they fail it's no biggie.

I have 4 of the three blade 8000 lumen models with the on/off motion detector option in my 2100 sq. ft. shop, both the unheated side and my heated Vette cave. Have 2 more in my basement. Don't see any shadows but not a lot of shadow causing clutter in my shop either. Have had them for about 8 months now and they work fine and really made a difference. Bought them at Princess Auto so no need for warranty. PA has a return policy that can't be beat. No receipt? No problem. x years old? No problem. I returned a cooked battery charger a couple months ago. Paid $69.95 for it 9 years ago. They gave me $45 off a new one. Is there any other store with that good a policy? I think not.

Princess Auto has these on for $15.99 a month or so ago. They always rotate...... will most likely come back up next month.

Princess Auto has these on for $15.99 a month or so ago. They always rotate...... will most likely come back up next month.
lol... they had 600 in Red Deer in January. I bought some on sale day and went back two days later and they were gone. I saw people leaving the store with shopping carts full to overflowing with them. They were a "hot buy" item so hit or miss if they ever get them again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.