Jul 25, 2012
Fraser Valley B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Convertible
Maybe it could be time to start a ladies section, for new members and especially spouses of current members. The spouses could of course stay anonymous so their husbands would not know whom they are texting about etc. Or have I hit a sore spot with this suggestion?.LOL.....

Didn't you know? The entire forum is the ladies section. I was about to start up the men's section on the forum because we seem to be getting more guys on here all the time.:rofl:

That is a good question though. I wonder whose significant others would be interested on coming on here? Doesn't seem to be a lot of women that like Corvettes. It's either that or women that like Corvettes don't like the internet? Or they don't like Corvettes and the internet? Maybe we are just too intimidating? I know Garry keeps talking about how Corvettes are a man's car.:rofl:

But seriously, from what I gather, I'm assuming women that like Corvettes don't really care to talk about them or talk to guys about them, I don't know, I'm totally shooting in the dark with why there are not many women on here. I know my wife is tired of talking to guys about cars or her Mustang with the number one question either being, Is that your husbands/boyfriends car? Are you sure you can handle the power? Is that a real Roush? And just having her ear talked of by guys telling her how awesome their cars are. Which is sort of weird because we treat the women at our meets really well....although we may tend to get a little "moby" trying to make them too welcome.:D

Methinks the ladies love cars especially Corvettes. For them it is eye candy or a rolling piece of beautiful art. But to many driving a car as powerful is what could be intimidating to them. If I could ever figure out the nuances of the female mind I could elaborate further.

Women are strange critters and their biggest problem is that they don't think like men .BUT that said they are still nice to snuggle up to on a cold night .

I belong to 6 forums most of which I don't post on but as far as women there are very few out there .

Must say women over ninety find me attractive :D

LOL Elf, true .....

bring on the women, but I've only ever seen about 3 on here for a very short time.
I'm sure they'd appreciate a section to hang tho when there are more.

C.

Doug and I have quilting wives but Dale just loves driving the Corvette too. She will take the car with one of her girl friends and go for a day cruising and shopping. She's handier than most men with the standard transmissions so that is no problem either. Still, our wives might just want a quilting and sewing Forum. Dan Tqracr's wife has a cross stitching store in Brighton so you can see where the wives might just gravitate to a quilting-sewing section.

Last edited:
My wife is a Beemer gal.........which I don't mind..........cause I get to take her car for a rip every now and then.............like when it needs fuel or a wash. She likes the vette but doesn't drive a standard (thats ok by me). Don't think she would be much of a contributor here tho. She likes her internet sites but they don't include cars....can't figure that out. Lol.

How interesting.

My gf is also a quilting fanatic! I wonder if there is Corvette fabric yet. The best of both worlds then.

My gf has driven the car twice I think. Mom has asked to take it to her French or knitting courses that she teaches but that hasn't happened yet. My gf is not a speed freak but mom is, she once got a ticket for a very excessive speed achieved in a Nissan Multi van so I need to be cautious with her!!

I used to like an earlier Corvette idea, was it the C4 ZR1 maybe, that had a key to allow you to drop the horsepower so the valet parking fellow didn't get too sideways after you gave him the key? I always thought that was a good idea.

I may also be mistaken in terms of always talking to the "fellows" on here but outisde of the one women who was posting looking to buy a car I don't think too many, if any, posters are women.

Would be nice to see more women talking about their rides though.

As for the questions of "is that your hubby's/bf's car?" I remember one license plate on a Camero many years ago which was "NOT HIS"..........

And as well even in Grimshaw there is a grey/silver C4 or C5 vert I've seen a few times with two women in it. Maybe I need to make them aware of the forum??

Cheers,

Garry

We were in the "Your #1 Sewing Centre" in Campbellford today to get Dale's new serger set up. Dennis and Pauline sell sewing machines and accessories of all descriptions, material of all descriptions and do mending and alterations as well. Next time we are there, I'll check for you Garry regarding Corvette material. They have pretty well everything else there so I dare say they can get something for us. Dennis is a car guy too with a couple of Model T Fords from the '20s. They are truly great people to do business with.

We were in the "Your #1 Sewing Centre" in Campbellford today to get Dale's new serger set up. Dennis and Pauline sell sewing machines and accessories of all descriptions, material of all descriptions and do mending and alterations as well. Next time we are there, I'll check for you Garry regarding Corvette material. They have pretty well everything else there so I dare say they can get something for us. Dennis is a car guy too with a couple of Model T Fords from the '20s. They are truly great people to do business with.

that sounds intriguing keith. if they have automotive type material i think helen would be interested. i know she had been looking around for some nascar themed stuff for me - [ makes me sound like a giant 8 year old :rofl: ]. the girl is too good to me :D. doug.

Good morning gentlemen,

Nothing like getting the whole team on side!

Buckhorn76, if you don't find the NASCAR stuff let me know, while helping my gf look for some stuff I did find some but don't recall the website. Not sure which teams but they did have a couple of them as I recall........

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.