YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Came across this on Kijiji while searching "Corvette C7" for a part I am buying and ...
I noticed 6km on this "used car" photographed and written up on Kijiji as "last one available ever".
Inquired and found out they are happy to disclose that the allocated buyer jumped - perhaps
finding a more than a $20k + gst premium over and above msrp is added after it arrived (?).
As this is publicly listed on Kijiji ... I thought why not post it.
Always has me on the hunt not only for a New Car but also New Sale Integrity when buying.
It was found by another that General Motors does not mandate the msrp selling price ...
it's that the listing says "used" and it appears without PDI (the back wing is missing).
Someone will buy it .... I'm sure many more will not. It's also known not to be the first example.
When one is eventually blessed with this, they will surely enjoy it.
It exemplifies the "S" in this ZR1 $163k +/- MSRP (approximating) and ...
whether it New or with New/Used Pricing, it still is "only worth what one is willing to pay for it" ...
shenanigans.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Key issue: New financing = 1.99% on my Z06. Used financing you can count on 6% and up. Financial institutions charge more for used financing due to increased risk on used cars................ That is NOT good for the customer when you are talking about a $186K car. I'm wondering if the dealership gets an added "bonus" from the financing institution if they sell the car as "used" and the institution is then charging an increased interest percentage?????? Could be very sneaky.........................

Dealer do get what is called "reserve" when they send a loan to a bank rather than the manufacturers finance arm. It is based on the loan amount (in this case it could be huge). A trustworthy dealer will always choose the lower rate. Obviously not all are trustworthy. Vote with your wallet!

Last edited:
Thats sherwood chev. I see Carter in Calgary just posted up a zr1 for $159k two hours ago from this post on kigigi with no info nor images....
Inquired and discovered Carter apparently has a 3rd party marketing partner that “populates” the word of their new factory arrivals. What’s not apparently known by this consultant is what arrivals are pre-sold. So this ZR1 is spoken for as factory ordered.
It’s a “fancy” explanation for it being a “fishing lure” that works very well as it is parked in full exposure to our major expressway that has people immediately taking the off ramp once noticed. Kudos to them other than the “populating of information” being very weak on specification (even its colour) and pre-sold disclosure. I am told in person that Carter will NOT add a premium to a vehicle if it becomes available but may demand MSRP at times. I will chalk it up to being fair if disclosed up front and/or posted on the vehicle “this is it folks - MSRP” and “then it’s all yours to enjoy” 😁

I actually experienced this with them first hand with the first rights deposit for a Dale Earnhardt Special Monte Carlo in the early 2000’s. I was expecting MSRP but it was my trade in value that squashed the deal.

Last edited:
Inquired and discovered Carter apparently has a 3rd party marketing partner
Ive heard of this a number of times by dealers when inquiring about product. Usually they write a tantalizing ad like 25km only to phone and find out its some demo with 2500km or car is sold or like this one it was a presold. They then blame the 3rd party company that posts the kigigi ads. Typical marketing ploy to get you to call or worse yet just come in without calling.... What bugs me most is after pointing out the errors the ads continue to run uncorrected......

Yup if it “quacks” and “walks” and “acts” ... these are only “lures” 😂 that however allow me to kick tires .... it’s when they don’t have one on the property that I am surely just “hypothetical” to them that it really sucks big time as i’m an apparent waste of time that they would rather spend text messagaging with their friends.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.