Completionist Award C3
Mar 11, 2023
South Carolina
VetteCoins
Car
1995 daily also 74
Province
USA
My 95 I've recently replaced the radiator with a 3 core aluminum one replaced the high n low speed relays both fan sensors and my analog gage still gets up in the yellow when in traffic before the fans come on n the digital will read like 238 now I've been in the automotive trade too damn long to know that's a common temp that is to warm what can I do ne suggestions please now my 74 L82 used to run a little warm once I put in the aluminum radiator it dropped significantly

Hello Jrick. I've been through the overheat thing, but mine is a stock L98 motor. What I've learned is a) lower thermostat not recommended, it messes with the CPUs mind. b) The cause of my problem was leaky head gaskets and once they were fixed, I replaced the rad. In town at slow running it still warms up, but I leave the AC on auto and the fans run full time, gauge never goes past half way.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Davee91Tm...
I know there is no head gasket issue I checked into all that before I done mechanical work for 17 yrs however it's just weird cause all the documents say these run 228 to tops of 238 n it just seems crazy watching once in a while that needle approach the yellow on warm days in traffic I just replaced all the a/c seals gonna give it a charge and see how she acts with both fans running cause in reality ur right there is nothing left to replace but head gaskets... Smh... I won't go cooler then the 195 t Stat but I did put a high flow high performance Mr gasket t Stat in it if u look them up u will c all the ports n much much bigger allows better flow...... Thank u for ur share though

I almost always have A/C on in my 93 (with three row aluminum rad) and that manages temperatures perfectly but I don't much enjoy the roar from the fans or the dust that is picked up from gravel parking lots.
Anyone tried SPAL fans or any other solutions to quiet things down?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread