Good looking car Steve. After seeing the video I would definitely start with all grounds on the car. Other forums point to grounds.
ie: There is a ground on or near every electrical system on the car...everywhere.
BUT, the most interesting bunch are on the block or bellhousing bolt near the oil filter. These include the ecm, interior, most engine sensors, and other misc display and control systems. Not easy to access but critical to have in good electrical condition."
Another
"I would suspect that your problem is more likely to be either a corroded contact in one of the ignition related connectors or your ICM does not have THERMAL grease under it. Some people use dielectric grease by mistake, which will NOT work and cause the engine to cut out when the ICM gets hot. Another possible cause is a loose spark plug wire connector at the plug."

So many ideas now, if Derrick and others can make it over there will some serious help to get you "in the drivers seat". Good luck!

Reactions: ddgermann
Been a while but i have a new mass airflow sensor and relay on the way. the airflow sensor is a no brainer to change. just have to figure out how to change a relay now. after that i will have all the grounding checked out.

Can't wait to see my pictures of the finished project and here that you are out cruising!!
I hear you for the snow...hope it changes soon, this is getting long !?

are there any good sources for parts in canada. i went to a few sites and one wants $800+ for a mass airflow sensor and one in the states has it for $189.... am i missing something? these things average $200 on ebay
Try here.........https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/auto-parts/chevrolet/corvette/1989/mass-air-flow-sensor/

Just for the hell of it...and only because I had charging troubles...pull the battery out and disconnect everything from the ground block behind the battery tray. I discovered, because it is out of site, that the connection was covered in rust and corrosion (oxidation) and was messing up a proper negative connection. Cleaned everything up with a Dremel tool fitted with a wire wheel, and with all those shiny connections now secured on a spotless junction block...all my electrical problems disappeared! Give it a whirl!

Update: i have changed out the burnoff relay and the mass airflow sensor. the weird thing is that the code was cleared and it worked for about a day. then the idle went all off again. The old air sensor was dirty as crap and led me to thinking. since its not showing any codes anymore, i may have to clean the throttle body and air intake. im thinking its about as dirty as the air sensor was. thats my next guess anyways

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
..... just do it. 😂😂

0E097273-E93A-4D8E-8156-AB805C139B35.png

Hey I think they have blue ones too. 👍

Reactions: LE BARON
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.