Still Here

The Cosworth Vegas came and went. The Z34 Luminas came and went. The early 90s super expensive ZR1s came and went and the obsolete, antiquated etc. etc. pushrod engines are alive and well kicking butt everywhere making more horsepower than ever.....and super gas mileage that was only dreamed of a few short years ago. I don't think exotics and electrics are going to push the old Chevy engines aside any time soon. Then there is the sound that puts the smile on our faces every time we get on the gas. :)

Tesla seems to have a real handle on building a good electric car and quick charging systems that are functional in a meaningful way. Tesla is working on charging stations around the country and they charge pretty quickly.
He may be 82 but Garlits certainly isn't old.

Well you have to give Tesla credit for what they have developed. A heavy luxury sedan that will silently blow the doors of any Corvette or any other production car for that matter .

We all understand acceleration. It's the rate of change of velocity. This 4,891-pound Tesla Model SP100D does it best, reaching 30, 40, 50, and 60 mph from a standstill more quickly than any other production vehicle , full stop. no production car has ever cracked 2.3 seconds from 0 to 60 mph. But Tesla has, in 2.275507139 seconds.

Reactions: turbozig
Had some good articles in the Montreal Gazette this past spring on winter driving in an EV.
The batteries, or any battery, does not have all it's juice available in cold weather. So a trip from Montreal required a "fill-up" around half way to make sure they could get to Mt Orford, approx. 150K at the most. While "tanking" up people were coming up to ask if they were almost finished with the plug so that they could plug in. So if your not first to the plug you may be there for a long time. If there is a line-up at a gas station you can change stations or drive a little further down the road to the next exit. Unless you are driving over the top of Lake Superior on the way to MITM. Then you better maintain a fairly full tank.
No doubt time will make for improvements. Don't think they will ever get it down to a 5 minute recharge though.
Son was telling me about a Tesla (extreme) at the local strip, probably St. Pie. It beat every thing there. There were just a few that were catching up towards the end of the quarter mile. No doubt that EV's can have it together. Just no gut feeling or rumble in the air.
Good for everyday city driving and short local runs. I'll keep my Vette for now. Still turns heads - but then maybe they are looking at me! LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.