Sep 8, 2019
Fort Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
1980 Coupe
Province
AB
Hey folks. looking at a 79 that is in great condition and priced right. If I get it, it will be a project and some mods will be done.
my question is, can front a rear bumpers/air dam/spoiler from another year be swapped on? I do not like the look of big rubber bumperettes on this year and I'd like to give it a smoother look from an 80's model.
Any help would be appreciated!

You for sure can. They had made special bumpers that are the 80's styles that will fit on a 79. You can also go the other way and get a bumper that looks like a 1968-72 rear bumper. There are also a few spoilers that you can get so there are lots of options and styles.

Let us know if you end up getting it.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Thank you sir! I imagined as much but of course for some reason you can't believe everything you read on the interwebs.
I love the look of the 68-72 bumper set up but with the big back glass of a 79 it could look out of place. I'd rather keep with the 80's style of body and just get rid of the ugly rubber bumperettes.

If I pull the trigger on this I will definitely start an album and will of course be asking more questions!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread