This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

79 bumper swap options

Sep 8, 2019
Fort Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
1980 Coupe
Province
AB
Hey folks. looking at a 79 that is in great condition and priced right. If I get it, it will be a project and some mods will be done.
my question is, can front a rear bumpers/air dam/spoiler from another year be swapped on? I do not like the look of big rubber bumperettes on this year and I'd like to give it a smoother look from an 80's model.
Any help would be appreciated!

You for sure can. They had made special bumpers that are the 80's styles that will fit on a 79. You can also go the other way and get a bumper that looks like a 1968-72 rear bumper. There are also a few spoilers that you can get so there are lots of options and styles.

Let us know if you end up getting it.

Reactions: ddgermann
Thank you sir! I imagined as much but of course for some reason you can't believe everything you read on the interwebs.
I love the look of the 68-72 bumper set up but with the big back glass of a 79 it could look out of place. I'd rather keep with the 80's style of body and just get rid of the ugly rubber bumperettes.

If I pull the trigger on this I will definitely start an album and will of course be asking more questions!

Users who are viewing this thread