Featured Thread
Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Even though most of this winter has been mild, with the exception of the last couple of miserable weeks, it has seemed like a long, Corvette-less stretch of time. With a little luck, we will have the toys back on the road by Mid April. I know some of you are blessed with a fairly mild climate and shorter winter, here on the prairies, we can expect a long haul.
Stay strong, my frozen brethren.

I was beginning to think we would be on the road earlier than usual this spring with this mild winter. That is until an unforecast blizzard dumped 25cm of snow yesterday and we still have some light snow falling this morning. I think Ol' Yeller may have gotten even more than we did on my part of the island.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Even though most of this winter has been mild, with the exception of the last couple of miserable weeks, it has seemed like a long, Corvette-less stretch of time. With a little luck, we will have the toys back on the road by Mid April. I know some of you are blessed with a fairly mild climate and shorter winter, here on the prairies, we can expect a long haul.
Stay strong, my frozen brethren.

Time always has a way of slipping through your hands so before you know it, Spring will be here and we'll all be enjoying our rides. When that happens, we should organize a get-together of the Forums' "Edmonton and area Corvette folk" (or anyone else who wants to attend: anyone with a Corvette welcome) assuming there aren't any COVID restrictions preventing that.

Reactions: Carson
Time always has a way of slipping through your hands so before you know it, Spring will be here and we'll all be enjoying our rides. When that happens, we should organize a get-together of the Forums' "Edmonton and area Corvette folk" (or anyone else who wants to attend: anyone with a Corvette welcome) assuming there aren't any COVID restrictions preventing that.
I'm in!

I was beginning to think we would be on the road earlier than usual this spring with this mild winter. That is until an unforecast blizzard dumped 25cm of snow yesterday and we still have some light snow falling this morning. I think Ol' Yeller may have gotten even more than we did on my part of the island.
I had to get the tractor out this mornng and clean up about 2-3 feet of snow from the house out to the street before I went to work. I don't know what way the wind was blowing, but I got all the snow and the neighbours got hardly any...:Banghead: maybe they put their snow in my driveway...gggrrrrrr

photos from March 29, 2019,
still some snow on the ground but clean dry roads.
The earliest out of hibernation for this one here in Grande Prairie Alberta.
If it’s nice enough for motorcycles it’s nice enough for 🏎️
16A04341-0103-481E-9509-D52070D9996C.jpeg
531357FD-41BA-4781-855C-244D7BE8B9B2.jpeg
C897C20E-4805-4795-A8D9-02614C28A3DB.jpeg

I now Don, the wind was from an odd direction this time. I had drift between 2 and 3 feet deep across the full front of my garage but half my driveway had no snow, just black asphalt . Behind the house and garage it was even deeper.

I had to get the tractor out this mornng and clean up about 2-3 feet of snow from the house out to the street before I went to work. I don't know what way the wind was blowing, but I got all the snow and the neighbours got hardly any...:Banghead: maybe they put their snow in my driveway...gggrrrrrr
I haven't plowed myself out for a week now. Some drifts in the lane but nothing I couldn't get out if I had too. I really hesitate to take the tractor or my truck plow out when it's around -30. Metal breaks way to easy when it's that cold. Suppose to get warmer next week. Will worry about plowing then.

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
Count me in!

Reactions: RockyPM
Stop it right now or I will empty my backyard and send it your way. This was taken this morning. The bank of snow is about shoulder height. Now then, is everyone going to behave themselves??
:ROFL:

View attachment 79414

Very generous of you but I swear there is an old saying " better in your backyard than ours " . :) :) :). Soon enough we will all be out enjoying one of life's simple pleasure.

• Haha
Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.