Nov 14, 2011
Jarvis Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Convertable
Ok like most new guys owning a Vette, I am just curious as to how many were made the same as mine. Someone here said you don't see many c4 yellow verts; that made me wonder.:confused:

So, in 88 there were 22,789 corvettes produced. 15,382 coupes and 7,407 convertibles. Of all these cars there was only 578 made in the 35U Yellow. This according to the web site the corvette story. So now I am wondering just how many convertibles were done in yellow, and how many were made for export to Canada.

Of course none of this really matters at all....inquireing minds just want to know....SO; where would one be able to find out this type of information? I guess the best place would be the museum.

Good question. We used to have a link to a VIN decoder that informed you of how rare your car was but that link has long expired. Boo! Hopefully someone can find another link. It sounds like you have a very nice car there!

Of all these cars there was only 578 made in the 35U Yellow. So now I am wondering just how many convertibles were done in yellow, and how many were made for export to Canada.

of the 578 yellow cars that year, only 261 of them were convertibles.

As for Canadian exports that year 1,305 cars went to Canada.

But hard to say how many more eventually made it over the border used, try carfax to see if yours is a Canadian original.

(I believe yours is a Z52, 5,726 that year.)

of the 578 yellow cars that year, only 261 of them were convertibles.

As for Canadian exports that year 1,305 cars went to Canada.

But hard to say how many more eventually made it over the border used, try carfax to see if yours is a Canadian original.

(I believe yours is a Z52, 5,726 that year.)

Yes mine is a Z52, and it was made for the Canadian Market. I do have a complete history of the car. Originally sold at Brian Cullen Chev in St Chatharines.
As for bringing them over the boarder, yes that can and does happen. However originals will have the odometer in kilometers instead of miles; of course this too can be changed.

Ok like most new guys owning a Vette, I am just curious as to how many were made the same as mine. Someone here said you don't see many c4 yellow verts; that made me wonder.:confused:

So, in 88 there were 22,789 corvettes produced. 15,382 coupes and 7,407 convertibles. Of all these cars there was only 578 made in the 35U Yellow. This according to the web site the corvette story. So now I am wondering just how many convertibles were done in yellow, and how many were made for export to Canada.

Of course none of this really matters at all....inquireing minds just want to know....SO; where would one be able to find out this type of information? I guess the best place would be the museum.

Here's a good site with all kinds of info and references:

Chevrolet Corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and another fabourite with endless info and specifications:

National Corvette Museum

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.