I ordered 3 GM metal gaskets they cost $12 each
Can you please help me find the gaskets you used? Just want to make sure I find the correct ones to work with the 2m fabrication sport cats. I used the ones that came with the sport cats and I have an exhaust leak. Thank you!

Can you please help me find the gaskets you used? Just want to make sure I find the correct ones to work with the 2m fabrication sport cats. I used the ones that came with the sport cats and I have an exhaust leak. Thank you!
GM # 23194206

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
i am likely going to order the cats and exhaust both from 2m fab, to a dealership in buffalo / niagara falls, cross the border and get it installed. I am an hour from the border, and also i'm hoping to save some money on labour in the states. Only confusion I have is whether it will add any value to the car, or will take away from it due to the mod, reason is i will be eventually spec'ing a c8 of my colour choices out, since i didnt get to spec the current one out.

No issues with the my 2M Cats, but I would suggest buying the kevlar cover they offer to cover the cats .
Regarding the Exhaust system, I too would like to order the 2M exhaust system but it looks like cheap chinese material. If you do order it let us know about the quality and pipe thickness.

Attachments

• EXHAUST 9.jpg
    EXHAUST 9.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 11
  • EXHAUST 9A.jpg
    EXHAUST 9A.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 11
No issues with the my 2M Cats, but I would suggest buying the kevlar cover they offer to cover the cats .
Regarding the Exhaust system, I too would like to order the 2M exhaust system but it looks like cheap chinese material. If you do order it let us know about the quality and pipe thickness.
You can tell the country of origin of metal used in manufacturing of the pipe for this exhaust from blurry photos? That exhaust might get so hot it will melt the aluminum frame of your corvette. If only there could be aftermarket exhaust fans to cool a cheap Chinese exhaust.

You can tell the country of origin of metal used in manufacturing of the pipe for this exhaust from blurry photos? That exhaust might get so hot it will melt the aluminum frame of your corvette. If only there could be aftermarket exhaust fans to cool a cheap Chinese exhaust.

You sheep never fail to amaze me always following one another. Not to mention your lack of common sense, Master White.

Reactions: DenisC8
Just installed the 2M Performance sport cats, Sounds AWESOME !!!
I am impressed with the snap crackle pop and extra HP boost. I could feel the performance difference.
My only problem is, I didn't install the 2 extra deck bungs that came with the 2M Fabrication cats and I got a check engine light code P0430.

What does code P0430 Bank 2 mean?
Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold
P0430 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for “Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2).” The code warns about a problem with the catalytic converter mounted near engine bank 2 (the side of the engine opposite the number one cylinder) ..........WHICH SIDE IS BANK 2, ??????

Install the deck bungs last night, No check engine light after a 20 min drive. I'll have to take her for a long drive up the 401 and hope the P0430 code doesn't come back.............I also removed the O2 sensors off the headers and swopped them left to right to rule out any issues with those 02 sensors , if the check engine light were to came back on.
Was wondering if you ever got this solved? I installed the 2m Cats and now I have CEL as well. Getting code reader today but I'm assuming it's something similar to your issue. Hoping it was a simple fix. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Regards

Just installed the 2M Performance sport cats, Sounds AWESOME !!!
I am impressed with the snap crackle pop and extra HP boost. I could feel the performance difference.
My only problem is, I didn't install the 2 extra deck bungs that came with the 2M Fabrication cats and I got a check engine light code P0430.

What does code P0430 Bank 2 mean?
Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold
P0430 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for “Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2).” The code warns about a problem with the catalytic converter mounted near engine bank 2 (the side of the engine opposite the number one cylinder) ..........WHICH SIDE IS BANK 2, ??????

Install the deck bungs last night, No check engine light after a 20 min drive. I'll have to take her for a long drive up the 401 and hope the P0430 code doesn't come back.............I also removed the O2 sensors off the headers and swopped them left to right to rule out any issues with those 02 sensors , if the check engine light were to came back on.
I was wondering if you ever got it figured out and the CEL issue solved? We installed the 2M cats this weekend and now the CEL light is on and I'm assuming for a similar issue to yours. I have a code reader coming tomorrow but thought I'd do some research and was hoping you solved your problem and might be able to guide me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Regards

I was wondering if you ever got it figured out and the CEL issue solved? We installed the 2M cats this weekend and now the CEL light is on and I'm assuming for a similar issue to yours. I have a code reader coming tomorrow but thought I'd do some research and was hoping you solved your problem and might be able to guide me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Regards
That code is from an O2 sensor. That means the cats are inefficient and not doing their job. The O2 sensors compare oxygen content before and after the cats to determine how much unburned oxygen there is in the exhaust. If the cats are not doing their job a code is thrown.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.