Nice looking car but waaaayyy over priced. I hate it when they say future collectible. Why should I pay a collector car price now when it may never be a collectible car. Unfortunately, the C4s have a bad rap. I grew up with these cars and at 16 years old would have given my left arm for one but the collector car world disagrees with me. There are quite a few years of corvettes to become "collectible" or desirable before this one. The low milage is a bonus though. I would not pay more than $20K for that car.

In the last year or so, I think that around $23K has been about the highest asking price that I have seen on Kijiji. For the money being asked, a person could get an awfully nice C6 with a lot of goodies on it. It is low mileage but that is only worth so much. These cars have a virtually indestructible drivetrain that has run in excess of 175 mph for 24 hours but on the street, that doesn't count for much either other than bragging rights. I think if I were going for a C4, I'd be looking for a '96 LT4 car. For some reason, I have a liking for them and are price right generally. I think it is the sleeper aspect. They look like any ordinary C4 but make power similar to a C5 LS1. As far as collector value, you are probably looking at 25+ years before the prices start going up. It's only the top horsepower rare ones that will increase in any real value. Look at the musclecars from the sixties and only a particular few gained super star status. These were the highest hp models. Most of the rest are probably worth less than what the owner has into them getting them restored. Then again, what do I know.:D

Keith, I know less than you about cars, thats for sure!!! But I agree with everything you said. I hope I didn't come across too strong, I like the C4s and am considering getting one if I can find a decent one because these corvettes are great value, but asking $32K is a bit much right now. I may be proven wrong but I think that will not be for another 25 years.

A person is free to ask for what ever they want for a car. If they actually want to sell any time soon, the market will dictate the price. The choice is theirs. Some people have all the time in the world to sell so they will stick to their price. You only need that ONE buyer.

I didn't notice the AWD reference. Definitely a rare car. Of course it does seem to be at a Ford dealership. With the hp of today's Corvette's, GM should seriously be thinking about AWD as an option. Go for a ride in an Nissan GTR to get an idea of what I am talking about.

I like the CE....I have the convertible....LT4 it is pretty cool. I will be glad when I am driving it around again. Not too much longer. A GS would be great....I think they look really awesome as well. I haven't had mine a year yet. But the CE was in my price range and was a fairly local car for me to go and get. I was really lucky to get this one and only 57,000 km on it.
:canada:
Russell

I like the CE....I have the convertible....LT4 it is pretty cool. I will be glad when I am driving it around again. Not too much longer. A GS would be great....I think they look really awesome as well. I haven't had mine a year yet. But the CE was in my price range and was a fairly local car for me to go and get. I was really lucky to get this one and only 57,000 km on it.
Russell

I am looking at an LT4 CE myself. Leaning towards picking one up as you say it is in MY price range. I cannot find a GRAND SPORT for a reasonable price. Certainly not under $20K. I found a GS with less than 300 miles on it and they want $50K for it (thats C6 territory). Anyways as I see it, there is very little difference (other than colour) between the CE and GS. How do you like your CE vette ?:seeya:

I am looking at an LT4 CE myself. Leaning towards picking one up as you say it is in MY price range. I cannot find a GRAND SPORT for a reasonable price. Certainly not under $20K. I found a GS with less than 300 miles on it and they want $50K for it (thats C6 territory). Anyways as I see it, there is very little difference (other than colour) between the CE and GS. How do you like your CE vette ?:seeya:

I really like it a lot. It is my first corvette though. I did see a GS on the other forum for 23,000 US dollars.....75,000 miles though. Looked good.

But you are correct about the CE and the GS being similar. The GS has the paint scheme and the coupes have the 315 wheels with the fender flares....that is the only difference on coupes. On the convertibles.....no difference except for the paint job.
I have just been cleaning mine up this winter and getting it ready to go. I will be driving it in the next couple of weeks.
Did you find one yet?
Russell

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread