You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Got a quote to supply and install Corsa Extreme exhaust. 2700.00. I guess it requires removal of rear fascia. Sounds pricey but these guys (Davenport) are the experts and have the experience. Said it removes 2 of the 4 valves while retaining NPP and warranty.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
And we never really hear what our car sounds like unless we are running through a tunnel or, heaven forbid, watching someone else drive off with our Vette. I run stock on my vert and still cannot fully appreciate the sound. Just about everyone else tells me it is "loud" if I do a sling shot off the start but I don't get to hear it because that is in back of me.
I think the main attraction is that we all like to personalize our cars so that they are more "one off" rather than off the lot. Gives us something to jabber about over a hot chocolate.
Plus if you go in to the menu there is an option for sound. I set mine to track. Don't know if it makes a difference as, as I said, it is behind me.

And we never really hear what our car sounds like unless we are running through a tunnel or, heaven forbid, watching someone else drive off with our Vette. I run stock on my vert and still cannot fully appreciate the sound. Just about everyone else tells me it is "loud" if I do a sling shot off the start but I don't get to hear it because that is in back of me.
I think the main attraction is that we all like to personalize our cars so that they are more "one off" rather than off the lot. Gives us something to jabber about over a hot chocolate.
Plus if you go in to the menu there is an option for sound. I set mine to track. Don't know if it makes a difference as, as I said, it is behind me.
Personalization is key to me, my 14 was super loud in track mode, headers, no cats, x-pipe. Still very quiet with valves closed. I want loud (and warranty) on demand at all RPM's so Corsa and Mild to Wild kit it is. You're right though we rarely get to hear how loud they really are. Cruising between hi-rises downtown is pretty satisfying too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Personalization is key to me, my 14 was super loud in track mode, headers, no cats, x-pipe. Still very quiet with valves closed. I want loud (and warranty) on demand at all RPM's so Corsa and Mild to Wild kit it is. You're right though we rarely get to hear how loud they really are. Cruising between hi-rises downtown is pretty satisfying too.
Yeah, when I had my Harley with mini muffs it always got gunned in between buildings and in tunnels.

Got a quote to supply and install Corsa Extreme exhaust. 2700.00. I guess it requires removal of rear fascia. Sounds pricey but these guys (Davenport) are the experts and have the experience. Said it removes 2 of the 4 valves while retaining NPP and warranty.

how much corsa are you installing Dan? Just axle backs or x-pipes as well?

I did Corsa axle backs on my C6 five years ago. Paid 1800.00 cdn including shipping for the exhaust but got my diesel mechanic to install. Less than two hours but no rear facia removal was required. I would say 2700.00 in todays dollars is probably real close ... Yes it sounds like a lot but you will forget that sounds-like-a-lot the first time you fire her up and hear the new sound... :thumbs:

I did Corsa axle backs on my C6 five years ago. Paid 1800.00 cdn including shipping for the exhaust but got my diesel mechanic to install. Less than two hours but no rear facia removal was required. I would say 2700.00 in todays dollars is probably real close ... Yes it sounds like a lot but you will forget that sounds-like-a-lot the first time you fire her up and hear the new sound... :thumbs:
I agree. Let the experts do it and I'm sure it will be worth it. Plus my wife will appreciate the much improved fuel economy i told her it will get. wink wink.

Borla X-pipe will be here this week....enough for me. Had B&B on my C6 Z and had to pull it off...the drone made me want to poke my eardrums out..... great around town but on the highway... unbearable. Had titanium Akropovic on my ZR1 which was built by Davenport. It sounded good and retained the NPP function, but was mucho $$$

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.