Awesome sound! And not to fart on the parade but I thought cars had to run two directions for a top speed to be recognized......although, no matter which way you slice it, 270 mph is stinking fast!!!!

Awesome sound! And not to fart on the parade but I thought cars had to run two directions for a top speed to be recognized......although, no matter which way you slice it, 270 mph is stinking fast!!!!

Good point Riley and this explains some of the answer:

Hennessey's Venom GT becomes the world's fastest car after reaching a top speed of 270mph | Mail Online

Altho it was a verified top speed, it must be backed up by another run to make it a world record....so for now the Bugatti Veyron has the official world record top speed until Hennessey can arrange a longer runway to make both runs.
-- and the test driver: Brian Smith feels that there is more to be had from the Venom GT -- possibly another "5-10 mph's"...... :D

Murray said:
Man that is one quick car. Lotus based?

Apparently based on the Lotus Elise production car, Murray.

Quite a thrill riding along at 270 mph.

Makes me wonder what it would achieve with miles and miles of salt flats available at Bonneville.:D

What do you think Stephen -- would you ride along if you could?
That kind of speed is unimaginable. What a thrill that would be.:eek:

C.
I goggled Loring Timing Association It's an abandoned air base in Northern Maine .

Motor Cycle 290 mph in one mile and 311 in a mile and a half .I believe it was a Canadian fueled by Molson .

Yes Colin I'd ride shotgun under reasonably controlled conditions .:D

I goggled Loring Timing Association It's an abandoned air base in Northern Maine .

Motor Cycle 290 mph in one mile and 311 in a mile and a half .I believe it was a Canadian fueled by Molson .

Yes Colin I'd ride shotgun under reasonably controlled conditions .:D

Wow, I just looked at that website Steve, and this guy has some major league cajones:

5113 Bill Warner Warner/Forstall Racing APS/BF-1350/42011 311.945mph!(1.5 miles)

by the way Steve, I believe I'd go shotgun at 270 too... but I'd be sure and take a extra pair of gotchies.:D

Remember the days when 100 mph gave ya white knuckles ? Now 100 in a pickup truck is nothing .Today I certainly would feel more comfortable being a passenger in a car @270 vs a motorcycle sidecar @ 311mph :D

Remember the days when 100 mph gave ya white knuckles ? Now 100 in a pickup truck is nothing .Today I certainly would feel more comfortable being a passenger in a car @270 vs a motorcycle sidecar @ 311mph :D

LOL, indeed my friend ....... I've driven a bike at 'only' 100mph and I can honestly say: "never again" ....... never mind 300.... :eek:

I feel much more comfortable on 4 wheels now...and yeah 100 in our 'vettes feels like nothing at all.:D

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.