Cabin looks longer and doesn't drop down as much. Thinking my duffle bag would slide right back out of the way... or we could stuff one extra body back there... lol...
Just how many bodies are we disposing of anyway? One in the duffle bag and one just lying around?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
No dead bodies as much as that would make the story more interesting.... lol.... I flew northeast into Leaf Rapids Manitoba in my buddy's Mooney a while back. Being the smallest of us, I earned the storage area behind the seats with our gear....Not the most comfortable place to fly. Luckily it was only a couple hours. Then we loaded into a 1951 Beaver with floats for another fairly crowded flight but luckily I scored the jump seat.... The fishing was worth it all though...

Folks the market is definitely changing. I was offered two different Z06 this week that people are passing on (one in stock, one arriving next week). Too rich for my blood (both 3LZ and HTC with loads of options) as both are $182 and $186k MSRP. Factoring in lux tax that's another +$20k on top...so really $210/$220k...

Call around as I'm sure you'll find a car...

Folks the market is definitely changing. I was offered two different Z06 this week that people are passing on (one in stock, one arriving next week). Too rich for my blood (both 3LZ and HTC with loads of options) as both are $182 and $186k MSRP. Factoring in lux tax that's another +$20k on top...so really $210/$220k...

Honestly I don’t care any more. When Apple announces the new iPhone they are available to order the same day and delivered the following week. When car makers announce a new car it’s available to order next year, orders are actually accepted in 2 years and deliveries happen on year 3.

I got on the list in Feb of 2021, and I took my self off the list in in Oct of 2023 because getting a car in 2024 is too little too late.

Lets hope in 22 months or less the next gov't removes or revises the luxury tax to include higher limits on cars to make what we want more affordable.

Buy a 3500 truck. No lux tax. A 2024 Ultimate Denali 3500HD retails at $132k. But no lux tax. Win win….
Sorry to read you sold your 70th. Your suggestion is correct, there are ways around the luxury tax buying trucks and heavy vehicles. Sounds like you avoided it with your replacement which is great. I was hoping to avoid luxury tax on my next slightly faster vehicle.

^^^ nothing. Trucks are not exempt
Yes they are. HD trucks are. See condition #3.

Under subsection 2(1), subject vehicle means a motor vehicle that meets all of the following conditions:

• it is designed or adapted primarily to carry individuals on highways and streets
  • it has a seating capacity of not more than 10 individuals
  • it has a gross vehicle weight rating that is 3,856 kg or less
  • it has a date of manufacture after 2018
  • it is designed to travel with four or more wheels in contact with the ground
Examples of subject vehicles include sedans, coupes, hatchbacks, convertibles, sport utility vehicles and light‑duty pickup trucks.

Reactions: DenisC8
Yes they are. HD trucks are. See condition #3.

Under subsection 2(1), subject vehicle means a motor vehicle that meets all of the following conditions:

• it is designed or adapted primarily to carry individuals on highways and streets
  • it has a seating capacity of not more than 10 individuals
  • it has a gross vehicle weight rating that is 3,856 kg or less
  • it has a date of manufacture after 2018
  • it is designed to travel with four or more wheels in contact with the ground
Examples of subject vehicles include sedans, coupes, hatchbacks, convertibles, sport utility vehicles and light‑duty pickup trucks.
so would something like a F150 Raptor be exempt?