Dec 8, 2019
VetteCoins
There is a black 70th fully loaded convertible selling for $119,000 in Vancouver if anyone’s interested.

Attachments

• IMG_3173.jpeg
    IMG_3173.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 0
3LT is standard, as are GT2 seats with 3LT although it could have competition seats but not many people ordered those. Interior is standard/unique for the AE and unlikely to have any flaws given how new it is, but it could have other interior options. Car looks underpriced based upon the limited info provided.

• Agree
Reactions: tyho
Mine is for sale and I’ll post a listing in the Forum classifieds soon with what may be too much info. I’m looking for more than $119k but considerably less than $150k (lol).
I have a 2017 3LZ ZO6, torch red, black interior, suede inter, carbon fibre, engine mods. Asking $119K

It's still available and it's fully loaded. Nicole 6043326865
Hi Nicole. Care for a full load 2017 torch red ZO6 convertible? Carbon fibre hood and inter, black satin wheels & red stripe, new tires, X-Pipe, tastefully engine moded to 862hp and 830lb.ft of torque at the crank. Automatic, black top and suede interior, Competition seats. Currently on Trader.ca in Quebec.
Text:514-947-5746

Guys, that’s the dealer’s number, and not mine.

View attachment 114475

As Pics999 points out, it's odd the "build details" say black exhaust tips, whereas it has none and yes, it's a factory installed option so they should be on the car. Also odd the details don't mention the AE package (see the coupe details above, which specifically mention this $5,295.00 plus taxes, option). Also odd the details mention the red stitching as a $610 option when that's automatically included with the AE package (not separately priced). Odd as well the details reference the colour as "black" and not "carbon flash metallic". The description "GBA-Black" references the "regular" black color and NOT carbon flash metallic. The one exterior photo doesn't tell us if it's regular black or carbon flash metallic; it depends on the light conditions but you usually need to get closer to see the gold flakes in the carbon flash metallic. The description also references the seats as "black" whereas the AE seats and the ones in the photo, aren't black. Finally, the brake calipers are automatically included with the AE package. So it's also strange the brake calipers are separately priced out at $810.00, PLUS the J6F code for the brake calipers referenced in the details provided, is the RPO code for the bright red calipers and NOT the edge red calipers that come standard with the AE package. The RPO code for the edge red calipers is J6N. Towards the end of the AE production, GM did run out of edge red. But for the AE, when the bright red were substituted, they used the RPO code Y70 for the bright red on an AE. It's hard to tell in the one photo provided showing the calipers, whether they're edge or bright red and perhaps others with better eyesight can tell. Having said that, the interior picture supplied appears to show the unique seat colours for the AE. We don't have enough interior photos to see if the car has the other AE logo-ing. It also has the exterior AE side logo on the door however at Corvette gatherings I've seen people put that on other C8's that don't have the AE package (it can be purchased separately). It also has the red striped tires, but those can be purchased separately. It's almost like someone took a "regular" black C8, dressed it up as best they could like an AE and they found AE seats to put in it (???). That may explain the low asking price and why this dealer will apparently take $120,000 for a coupe AE, compared to $1,000 less for a convertible "AE". It would be interesting to get the VIN, since AE's have a unique VIN sequence. I've noticed some dealers referring to ANY 2023 C8 as a "70th Anniversary Edition" so perhaps this dealer feels justified if advertising this as one, when it's not (??). Something strange about this car and the asking price, if it's truly an AE...but I'll bet money it isn't. Any takers? Now for anyone looking to buy a real carbon flash metallic convertible AE, mine is now listed on these Forums (lol).

Last edited:
Reactions: scraze66
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread