Transmission Fasteners Improperly Torqued. Solution: GM would replace your DCT.

the curse of the C8 Continues

IMG_2365.jpeg

Transmission Fasteners Improperly Torqued. Solution: GM would replace your DCT.

the curse of the C8 Continues

View attachment 123443
Does that say , they will replace the transmission! The whole transmission?! Not just the fasteners !!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
Is this going to be another "we don't know which ones are bad, so we'll inconvenience everyone, just in case" issue?
Wow. Just wow.
No, it’s will be limited number of cars

I think this issue is why some cars have been shipped from bowling green to Michigan.

Assuming all customers with affected Vin's will be notified?? Another recall?? Or what the easiest way to see if your car falls into this range?
Never assume anything with automobiles.
Try running your VIN through the recalls website.
I did. Mine only has the equally unnecessary (in my case) DRL one "open/incomplete".
No guarantee GM will have the recalls website up to date, but it's a start.
In 5000+ miles of driving, no obvious DCT issues here.

I will be surprised, if I have this problem because my C8 was moved to the inspection bay, before being shipped out, so if that does not help, what is the point of having an inspection bay!
No, your car is way too old for this issue, this has to do with updated DCT that was put into late 2023-2024 cars

Assuming all customers with affected Vin's will be notified?? Another recall?? Or what the easiest way to see if your car falls into this range?
Add your vin to the end of this link to see all recalls on your car.
Code:
https://experience.gm.ca/en/ownercenter/recalls?vin=

• Useful
Reactions: butsy and 1st Vette
sounds like this happened to my car. It sat in Michigan for about 5 months
But it will be as good as new when you finally get it. I hope it’s soon. You do have to wonder about the 5 month delay though, shouldn’t take even GM that long to fix anything. The whole car is built in a day or two. They should be including an extended warranty for free because of the huge inconvenience. Or at least a kiss…. :rolleyes:

But it will be as good as new when you finally get it. I hope it’s soon. You do have to wonder about the 5 month delay though, shouldn’t take even GM that long to fix anything. The whole car is built in a day or two. They should be including an extended warranty for free because of the huge inconvenience. Or at least a kiss…. :rolleyes:
After some back and forth we have come up with some compensation for the delays. hoping to get it Friday but who really knows.

As my car is affected by the transmission whine issue, and being told that the noise level was not high enough to justify replacement of the transmission under warranty (2500 mi.), I am hoping that I fall into the affected VIN selections for this bulletin to apply.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Built sept 6
Thanks. Food for thought.
Mine was built Nov 7. Took delivery Nov 21. If your delivery was delayed September to February, due to the xmission fastener issue, maybe they caught/rectified it before November. No guarantee, of course. I've noticed no issues that might be related to an under/over torqued fastener, it seems to be fine under all power and acceleration loads, smooth, crisp, gear changes up/down every time.
The not knowing if "your car is involved, again", makes this all very cringeworthy. Very poor PR from GM/Chevrolet standpoint.
After the DRL/auto-on at night "your car may have a headlight problem" recall, and knowing mine is fine, but getting recalled anyway.
Love the car, hate GM.