Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my first summer off since I was 14. I have the time now to do whatever...
Maybe I will join you! Lol. Been on three of the RMCC's starting back in 2018-2020 but missed last year because I was doing a ton of body modifications and painting my car. I'm also annoyed no invitation was sent. I was the only C3 that ever attended those cruises and last year I designed a new gas tank so that I could carry 25 gallons instead of ~17 gallons for the cruises I was always attending.

Here is what was osted a month ago on Feb 14.

Paul Maciejowski uploaded a file.​

tSFpaocetnmsb5ruaorr1y 1158cd5 ·

Here is our itinerary. For the new people participating this year, one thing we always say is "We know where we are every night, so you don't have to travel with the group. If you want to spend time or stop please do! you can catch up along the drive or at the end of the day."
2022 Rocky Mountain Corvette Cruise Itinerary
July 17 to 22, 2022

We are in the 9th year of our cruise and the first time we will be crossing the border into the United States. Each year brings unique locations and new memories and 2022 we hope to be no different. The following is an update itinerary of the planned route.
Sunday, July 17th, 2022
This is everyone’s day to travel and reach Cardston Alberta. The South Country Inn is our evenings accommodations. There is a planned food truck for the late afternoon to supply supper as we have our first get together for participants to reacquaint themselves and/or meet the new people who are joining us. The expectation is for many locals to stop by and visit as we will be taking over the parking lot between the motel and the A&W drive inn.
For those that arrive early Cardston is home to the Remington Carriage Museum and the Cardston Alberta Temple. The Temple grounds are beautiful, and the Museum offers a terrific look back at early transportation including many activities.
Monday, July 18th, 2022 – Day 1
Breakfast can be had at the A&W or other downtown restaurants in Cardston. Bagged lunches are planned to take with us as there is limited food options along Going to the Sun Road. Our drivers meeting will be at 7:45 am. And we will leave at 8:00 am.
· The trip starts by heading west on Highway 5 and then turning south onto Highway 6.
· We will be making a stop before we cross the border for a view of the valley to the west.
· We cross into the United States @ the Chief Mountain Border Crossing.
· There is a location just across the border to group back up. There are about 30 stalls for cars
· We will travel along the Chief Mountain Highway, Highway 17 and continue onto Highway 89.
· We will be stopping in St. Mary’s for a break and to split into groups. The Going to the Sun Road is very busy and to allow us to make stops, smaller groups will work much better.
· Each group will enter the Going to the Sun Road and enjoy the drive.
· Lunch will be where the smaller groups stop through the area.
· After leaving the “Going to the Sun Road” we will regroup at Apgar Visitor Center. It’s a large parking lot. 30 miles from the summit.
· The group will travel to Kalispell following Highway 2.
· A fuel and break stop will be made before continuing west on Highway 2.
· We will arrive at Libby Montana for our evening stop @ the Venture Motor Inn.
The evening will be on your own and to relax. Assure to fuel up and be ready for Tuesday Morning.
Tuesday, July 19th, 2022 – Day 2
Day 2 has breakfast supplied buy the Motel. Our day will start with a driver’s meeting at 8:45 am. And we will hit the road @ 9:00 am.
· We will drive west on Highway 2 to the Kootnai Falls and Suspension Bridge.
· After Visiting this are area we will continue west, turning south onto Highway 56, the Bull Lake Road.
· A stop may be made at the Halfway House Bar & Grill for a washroom break.
· We will continue south on highway 56 and visit the Ross Creek Cedars area. Beautiful ancient cedar trees with a small trail to follow. This will be based on available parking.
· From Highway 56 we will turn west onto Highway 200 and will travel along the Clark Fork River until it empties into Lake Pend Oreille.
· This brings us into Ponderay and our stay at the Ponderay Best Western Plus Hotel.
· We will arrive early to Pondera and will give everyone time to go and enjoy the Sandpoint downtown and beach.
· Pizza on the beach for around 4 or 5 pm should work out to maximize our beach time.
· The evening will be free to enjoy the local area.
Wednesday, July 20th, 2022 – Day 3
Breakfast is served at the hotel, and we will be having our drivers meeting @ 7:45am. Leaving Ponderay @ 8:00am.
· We will take Highway 95 north.
· Based on how everyone feels we can stop in Bonners Ferry for a washroom break before we head north to the Canadian Border.
· From Highway 95 we will go west onto Highway 1 toward Rykerts.
· We cross back into Canada @ Rykerts Border crossing and continue north into Creston on Highway 21.
· There is rest area northbound leaving US customs on left side of road should be able to hold all cars and still
· have room.
· Leaving Creston, we will take Highway 3A past Duck Lake and then continue along Kootenay Lake.
· We will be stopping at The Glass House to view the interesting architecture utilizing glass embalming bottles.
· We continue north to the Kootenay Bay Ferry.
· Lunch will be at the Kootenay Bay ferry Terminal.
· The Ferry ride is 45 minutes taking us to Balfour, BC on the west side.
· From Balfour we will head north on Highway 31 to Kaslo.
· Based on everyone’s response we may stop in Kaslo or continue on Highway 31A towards New Denver.
· A fuel stop can be made for those that need fuel and then drive west to Nakusp.
· Highway 6 will take us northwest to Nakusp for a stop and stretch our legs.
· We then take Highway 23 north along Arrow Lake to the Galena Bay Ferry. The wait could be up to 45 minutes.
· One across the Ferry we continue north on highway 23 to Revelstoke.
· The Columbia River will be crossed using the Big Eddy Bridge before driving to the Revelstoke Mountain Resort. We will be staying here 2 nights.
· Dinner plans are not arranged at this time.
Thursday, July 21st, 2022 – Day 4
This is a free day for exploring the surrounding area. Several attractions and activities will keep us busy
· Hiking and bike riding the Revelstoke Mountain Resort
· Railway Museum
· Revelstoke and Mica Dams
· Meadows in the Sky Parkway
· Visiting Downtown Revelstoke
Evening dinner will be at the Rockford Bar & Grill @ the Resort. A buffet is planned for the outdoor area. There will be a selection of foods to choose from and enjoy.
Friday, July 22nd, 2022 – Day 5
Sadly, this is the end of the road. We say farewell to our adventures as well as new and old friends. People may travel as groups and make their way in any direction today. We will only say goodbye for a short time until we can do it all again. Different year, different route and different adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.