May 4, 2021
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Province
ON
So, 2022 pricing increase has been announced for the US models; 2022 updates : GM Authority it states: "Pricing for the 2022 Chevy Corvette C8 starts at $62,195, including destination freight charge, for base-model Coupes." That is a modest increase of $1200 from the 2021 model net price of $60,995. Wonder what the Canadian base price increase will be? Similar? I'm glad to see it was only a small increase anyway, it shouldn't have much of an effect on my 2022 build spec, which I'm thankful for.

Also, an interesting tidbit of information for some 2022 model "changes", a quote from another article:
From my interpretation, the "improved" fuel injection and "enhanced" AFM is more for emissions and fuel economy. Interesting, I already know that C8 gets incredible fuel economy when driven sedately, I can't imagine what it will be capable of now.... LOL.
The big news concerns changes made to the 6.2-liter small block V8. Chevy says it upgraded the fuel injection system and “improved” the engine calibration. We chatted with Chief Engineer Josh Holder to dig into this and the other changes on a deeper level. Essentially, the injection system operates at a higher pressure now, and Holder says this helps to lower emissions and provides greater stability at idle. That said, the engine keeps its 490 horsepower rating in base trim and 495 horsepower rating with the performance exhaust system. The 0-60 mph time for the Z51 car remains at 2.9 seconds, too. Holder noted that it took some work to both lower emissions and keep the power levels where they stand currently.
The last powertrain tweak is an “enhanced” Active Fuel Management range. Holder says that the engine will now deactivate cylinders over a broader range of rpms and in lower gears now. Engineers aren’t claiming that the EPA ratings will inch upward yet (we’re told to wait and see on that front), but they’re certain that real world fuel economy will see a noticeable improvement.
A few lesser changes include the addition of some aero options. There’s a new low-profile rear spoiler and a new front splitter available. Both will only be optional on the non-Z51 models.
Lastly, we come to the price. The 2022 Corvette will start at $62,195, including the destination charge. That’s a $1,200 increase over the 2021 model and $2,200 higher than the original 2020 model year price that started at $59,995. It’s never fun to see prices go up, but even with this price increase, it remains a performance bargain.
If you were thinking about going Convertible, the price went up on this model, too. It’ll start at $69,695, which amounts to the same $1,200 price increase year-over-year as the coupe. Production for the 2022 model year (in all configurations) is currently slated to begin late in the third quarter this year.

Last edited:
Just hoping they don't bump up the price of the options again, specifically Z51, mag ride & front lift.... or else I'm going to have to make some tough decisions (which I'll probably talk myself out of). Realistically the only thing that I may revert on is the two-tone GT2 seats but I guess what's another $2kish in the grand scheme of things...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.