Dec 27, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Waiting for a C8
Province
BC
Just received an allocation Dec 23rd. Went in and did my build. The only increase in pricing I saw was an extra $10 for the edge red ingine cover. Z51 still at $5,900. Is this too good to be true ? US saw price increases. Am I to expect a higher bill when my car gets delivered ?

Just received an allocation Dec 23rd. Went in and did my build. The only increase in pricing I saw was an extra $10 for the edge red ingine cover. Z51 still at $5,900. Is this too good to be true ? US saw price increases. Am I to expect a higher bill when my car gets delivered ?
your dealer have received an allocation on dec 23rd ? its weird because dealer was only supposed to receive one allocation process in december, your lucky !

Reactions: Maximus74
Your right there is a $10 price increase showing on the RCC Edge Red engine cover, $20 increase on the 5JR Carbon Fibre mirror covers and $50 increase on the 5DF Black Trident spoke wheels. Also heard today the FE2 is the same $2180 price as the FE4.
I believe the E60 front lift still being $1875 when the US price is now $1995 and the Z51 still at $5900 when the US price is now $5995
is too good to be true and won't last.

Your right there is a $10 price increase showing on the RCC Edge Red engine cover, $20 increase on the 5JR Carbon Fibre mirror covers and $50 increase on the 5DF Black Trident spoke wheels. Also heard today the FE2 is the same $2180 price as the FE4.
I believe the E60 front lift still being $1875 when the US price is now $1995 and the Z51 still at $5900 when the US price is now $5995
is too good to be true and won't last.
I didn't select Z51. Better go in tomorrow and add it

Reactions: Movie Muscle
I have a copy of my 2021 C8 HTC car invoice which was built a week ago. Prices are as stated on the GM Canada website. No increases from 2020 like USA saw. Hard to believe this will remain for long due to high demand and the increases the US saw.

Reactions: JR410
The strengthening of the CAD may have something to do with it.

I have a copy of my 2021 C8 HTC car invoice which was built a week ago. Prices are as stated on the GM Canada website. No increases from 2020 like USA saw. Hard to believe this will remain for long due to high demand and the increases the US saw.
Would you be able to post your bill of sale once you get it? just wanna be sure dealer is not ripping me off in any way with any extra fees shouldn't be paying :)

Would you be able to post your bill of sale once you get it? just wanna be sure dealer is not ripping me off in any way with any extra fees shouldn't be paying :)
I didn’t have negotiating ability having given my deposit 15 months earlier.... but I paid MSRP identical to the GM build site + 600$ admin...,ugh.... no other crap. Take a look for the EPP extended warranty thread. That‘s where the dealership tried to make the extra $$$$. They tried to sell me the 84 month EPP for 4800$. I got it for 2500$ with 100$ deductible at another dealer.

you are right about the Cdn dollar as its at 78.5 cents now. late last year it was at 74 cents
Pricing should have gone down and what happens when dollar is at par ?

you are right about the Cdn dollar as its at 78.5 cents now. late last year it was at 74 cents
Pricing should have gone down and what happens when dollar is at par ?

Likely nothing. The manufacturers will take the variance straight to the bottom line vs the purchase price variance.

Unless there is a long term variance between the dollar, don't expect a price reduction. The last time this happened to the FOREX, I think it was only Porsche that adjusted their pricing. Everyone else held the line.

Likely nothing. The manufacturers will take the variance straight to the bottom line vs the purchase price variance.

Unless there is a long term variance between the dollar, don't expect a price reduction. The last time this happened to the FOREX, I think it was only Porsche that adjusted their pricing. Everyone else held the line.
GM already sells the C8 at much lower comparable US funds prices in Canada versus the USA. At current exchange rates the C8 should be close to 30% more in Canadian dollars in Canada. Its actually around 17 or 18% more in Canadian dollars than the US dollar prices so we are getting a pretty good discount in Canada.

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
GM already sells the C8 at much lower comparable US funds prices in Canada versus the USA. At current exchange rates the C8 should be close to 30% more in Canadian dollars in Canada. Its actually around 17 or 18% more in Canadian dollars than the US dollar prices so we are getting a pretty good discount in Canada.
Another reason why a lot of nearly new vehicles end up being sold and moved over the border. There is enough margin in there for money to be made with the current exchange. But I've been told that you can get blacklisted by GM if they find out a Canadian market car gets sold back to the US.

Reactions: WE XLR8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.