Sorry but the truth hurts. Not sure why you are such a troll but the dealer was Lakewood Chevrolet in Edmonton, Alberta. I paid MSRP and did not grease the dealer. Although this is something you appear to be familiar with. I was very fortunate to order late and obtain a car.
Lakewood was great to deal with in 2018 when we bought our GS from them and looks like they came thru for you. I think they recently became part of SPC..,at least they show each other's inventory. Some face changes too with guys like DBass no longer there.....

Lakewood was great to deal with in 2018 when we bought our GS from them and looks like they came thru for you. I think they recently became part of SPC..,at least they show each other's inventory. Some face changes too with guys like DBass no longer there.....

They treated me well but I have not heard good things about their sister dealership Sherwood Park Chevrolet.

Sorry but the truth hurts. Not sure why you are such a troll but the dealer was Lakewood Chevrolet in Edmonton, Alberta. I paid MSRP and did not grease the dealer. Although this is something you appear to be familiar with. I was very fortunate to order late and obtain a car.
Consider yourself lucky - I just talked to Lakewood, they want 10% ABOVE MSRP, and a $5000 "refundable" deposit to put you on their waitlist. Not sure how easy it would be to get your money back in case they can't get a car in a reasonable amount of time - not the kind of people I'd want to deal with.

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
Consider yourself lucky - I just talked to Lakewood, they want 10% ABOVE MSRP, and a $5000 "refundable" deposit to put you on their waitlist. Not sure how easy it would be to get your money back in case they can't get a car in a reasonable amount of time - not the kind of people I'd want to deal with.
Weird as I have a friend who is on the waiting list there for a 2021. He is not paying above MSRP and his deposit was $2500 same as I paid last year for a deposit. They wanted 5K but I told them forget it and negotiated $2500. Like I said in an earlier post they have changed management so I am not surprised about their antics.

Last edited:
I noticed you bought from Lakewood and I have to say how relieved I am to hear you’re story as I live in Vancouver but put a deposit down withLakewood last summer and am patiently waiting. I get regular communication from Tomas the sales manager and I’m currently sitting i n event code 3000. This dealer was far more helpful than any dealer I contacted last year in the lower mainland. I hope my journey goes as smooth as yours did.

I noticed you bought from Lakewood and I have to say how relieved I am to hear you’re story as I live in Vancouver but put a deposit down withLakewood last summer and am patiently waiting. I get regular communication from Tomas the sales manager and I’m currently sitting i n event code 3000. This dealer was far more helpful than any dealer I contacted last year in the lower mainland. I hope my journey goes as smooth as yours did.
Congratulations. I consider myself to have been one of the lucky ones in getting a 2020 allocation. Lakewood was a pleasure to deal with and came through on their commitment to me.

Reactions: Micazo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.