This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2020 C8 Accessories People Have Purchased

thanks for all the thoughts. cheers

I would like the parts spec on the tow hook as I’m going to make one as well

What is the purpose of the license plate covers?
First there is the obvious, they protect your license plate. The plates in some provinces are not particularly robust and show their age fairly quickly. Some car washes also tend to grab onto the edges of the plates and bend them. However, I think it is primarily a cosmetic choice. My first C7 was a Cyber Grey and the sharply contrasting white Ontario plates were a bit jarring so I put on a smoked cover which toned it down a lot. Same again in 2017 with another grey C7 Grand Sport. It had a nasty encounter and was replaced by a 2019 Grand Sport which is Blade Silver and again I like the look of the lightly smoked cover. I got my last two at CTC and they were inexpensive and appeared to stand up fine but of course the GS has never seen a mechanical car wash.

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
License plate covers are not legal in Ontario. Even those covers that most dealers put on their cars which cover any part of the writing on the plate are not legal. That being said, I have covers on all my license plates on my vehicles.
Yes I understood they were prohibited in Ontario but they don't appear to enforce that law unless you are being a jerk or unless it has a very strong tint which can make reading it difficult. I see some with a very dark blue tint that makes them hard to read. I had a cop stop beside me at a light in Virginia Beach wind down his window and comment on my C7 but mentioned in passing that the plate cover on the back of my C7 was illegal in Virginia. I replied that I could probably take it off if I could find a screw driver, he just smiled and said "you're from out of state, don't worry about it."

I have an 07 4Runner with plates where the paint is bubbling and peeling. I don’t know which is worse in terms of a ticket- the clear plastic cover to keep the paint in place, or having the peeling get worse.
Since I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for a plain plastic cover but I have heard of people getting tickets for unreadable plates I would choose to cover my plate. There was a period of a few years ago when the paint was really bad and many had to be replaced. Although the plate is technically the property of the government we are responsible for maintaining them in good condition. If the paint peels they will replace it for free if you take it in.

And I thought my C5 ABS / Traction Control is a big issue. WOW!!!

Everyone should check out the Rick Conti post where he interviews Tadge Juechter about the grill screens. Not recommended due to restricting airflow and any overheating issues are not covered by warranty.
I find my C8 with the Z51 so well cooled that I have a hard time getting it to 80C in order to check the oil level. I have no intention of racing or tracking so I’m not worried about overheating.

Try Paragon for grills that do not impair access to the frunk touch switch…they work well and are screwed in rather than zap ties. Happy motoring!

Reactions: Bucketoy