Apr 3, 2017
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Corvette Z06
Hi All,

I know a lot of people on here have been anxiously waiting for the official Canadian MSRP for the 2019 Corvette ZR1. I just got notified by my dealer that the Canadian base price for the 2019 Corvette ZR1 is now finalized. It will start off at CAD$ 145,995 and go up from there depending on options etc.

What do you guys think? Considering the 1LZ Z06's starting MSRP is CAD$ 93,245, that's a gap of $52,750. I know it will be a fantastic car but don't you think 50K+ difference is kind of outrageous?

Reactions: Cruzin
For that kind of money, I could take a z06, modify it to 800 hp, make it lighter and maybe even faster, and still have some money left over. But, you don't get a ZR1.

Reactions: Karam
Hi All,

I know a lot of people on here have been anxiously waiting for the official Canadian MSRP for the 2019 Corvette ZR1. I just got notified by my dealer that the Canadian base price for the 2019 Corvette ZR1 is now finalized. It will start off at CAD$ 145,995 and go up from there depending on options etc.

What do you guys think? Considering the 1LZ Z06's starting MSRP is CAD$ 93,245, that's a gap of $52,750. I know it will be a fantastic car but don't you think 50K+ difference is kind of outrageous?

Owning a 17 17 3LZ Z07 Z06 with pretty much every available option except a small few that cost less than the base ZR1 price I agree it just too much money for me to get the car with this high level of options.
But that’s just me being stubborn and keeping my poor wife out of the cardiac ward.
I love the look of the ZR1 and let’s face it... who wouldn’t want the fastest and most powerful Corvette ever built. That’s why I jumped the gun and got the new 17 which was that car at the time.
I would love to have a new ZR1 but I’m pretty happy with my Z.
The guys that got them coming are going to forget the price pretty quick when they start driving it I think.
200k for a loaded one is unprecedented for a working mans Corvette but is still in the dream range if a guy really wants it.
I’m sure hoping to see one join us at MITM. Should be an easy trophy for the owner. :Biggrin:

Just for the fun of it I built a new fully loaded 2019 ZR1 on the US website; as GM.ca doesn't have the ZR1 yet.

So this is a fully loaded car with the A8 in USD.
Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 15.43.25.png

Another pic as its so darn awesome inside...
Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 15.49.46.png

Why do I get the feeling Derek that if you could push a button, despite your logical argument on the cost, that another black beauty would be on its way.:Biggrin:

The black one was actually cheaper. This orange is a optional color.
They have a special orange package that adds a ton of stuff and that’s what I did with this car. Speced it out to the max. :Biggrin:

But yes Murray... it was difficult to pass on this car. I probably should have done this. :Banghead:

Hi All,

My Edmonton Salesrep quoted $170k. Too rich for me!

Owning a 17 17 3LZ Z07 Z06 with pretty much every available option except a small few that cost less than the base ZR1 price I agree it just too much money for me to get the car with this high level of options.
But that’s just me being stubborn and keeping my poor wife out of the cardiac ward.
I love the look of the ZR1 and let’s face it... who wouldn’t want the fastest and most powerful Corvette ever built. That’s why I jumped the gun and got the new 17 which was that car at the time.
I would love to have a new ZR1 but I’m pretty happy with my Z.
The guys that got them coming are going to forget the price pretty quick when they start driving it I think.
200k for a loaded one is unprecedented for a working mans Corvette but is still in the dream range if a guy really wants it.
I’m sure hoping to see one join us at MITM. Should be an easy trophy for the owner. :Biggrin:
I'm pretty much in the same camp. Z07 3LZ fully loaded with every option available. I wouldn't dream of trading it in. I was thinking I might if I like the C8 enough, but I'm pretty certain there will need to be a huge compromise in the luggage/storage capacity and that's one of the aspects of the Corvette that impresses me the most. 200mph+ car 0 to 60 in 2.95 sec that can hold its own roof, two suitcases underneath, and still have room left over behind the seats??? No other car on the planet can touch that at any price. The C8 being mid engined won't be able to compete. The ZR1 is a Z06 with a larger supercharger and better cooling. Worth $52K more.....no.

I'm pretty much in the same camp. Z07 3LZ fully loaded with every option available. I wouldn't dream of trading it in. I was thinking I might if I like the C8 enough, but I'm pretty certain there will need to be a huge compromise in the luggage/storage capacity and that's one of the aspects of the Corvette that impresses me the most. 200mph+ car 0 to 60 in 2.95 sec that can hold its own roof, two suitcases underneath, and still have room left over behind the seats??? No other car on the planet can touch that at any price. The C8 being mid engined won't be able to compete. The ZR1 is a Z06 with a larger supercharger and better cooling. Worth $52K more.....no.

You are so right about the practical side of the C7 Z06. The C7 design in general is very good for travelling stowage and hauling the groceries etc. I love the way they designed the roof holding system to allow us to put cargo under it, behind and in front of it. Very clever system. I also really like how well the coupe roof panel is easily secured and removed from the holding system back there.
Yes the ZR1 power can be easily obtained in the Z06. I'm not sure what more can be done with the ZR1 for an easy and significant aftermarket power increase for the same $$ as the engine, although internally beefed up, is the same displacement. I actually expect someone to be offering 1000 HP kits for these cars soon enough though. Likely the same range of $ as getting 750-800 HP into the Z06 LT4.
Its the body styling that I found attractive. The hood and front end design is a distinct improvement over the Z06 which it should be for that $$.

I'm doing the same with the C8... waiting but loving my C7 Z. I will be fine as long as I never drive one...or the cargo and storage space is crap.
Ah..who am I kidding. I will be all over the C8...especially if it comes out with the speculated 800+ HP. :Banghead: The car would have to really suck or be priced ridiculously out of sight for me to not want one from what I've seen so far.

Reactions: flyboy999
In my opinion to pay that much more for a ZR1 is outrageous. The C7 Z has lots to offer any enthusiast and cheaper . Yes the C8 is the big thing now, but I guess I am getting old to pay that much more to get a little more power and to say I own a C8. As in everything in life to each his own. Happy Motoring!

Reactions: flyboy999
I agree. Also, I hope the C8 comes out in 3 years, so Maybe I can convince my wife to let me trade up again (after this years ‘19 GS purchase). ;)

In my opinion to pay that much more for a ZR1 is outrageous. The C7 Z has lots to offer any enthusiast and cheaper . Yes the C8 is the big thing now, but I guess I am getting old to pay that much more to get a little more power and to say I own a C8. As in everything in life to each his own. Happy Motoring!

150+ HP from 650 to 800+ is not a little more power. I doubt we will see it in the inaugural year, but the rumors have a hybrid version with electric front wheel assist is being designed making the C8 an AWD Mid engine ultra high performance supercar. Groundbreaking in North American sports cars. This type of technology is only seen on high end English and Euro sports cars. Consider the $1.3 million price of the 918 Porsche that has this electric FWD assist tech compared to the likely 200-250Kish priced C8 Corvette that has the same performance. Ferrari and McLaren are 2 more super players with the tech at an even higher price. The word hybrid has been kicked around for years trying to make us feel guilty for driving these HP sports cars....this shuts that crap down. It will be interesting to see what this does to the power to weight ratio but it's pretty exciting stuff for a Corvette enthusiast....well for sure it is for this one.
I would not buy one to say "I own a C8".
I would buy one because I want the supercar tech and the power in a price I can afford. Not much chance of me buying a 918 and staying married. lol Plus.... the amazing feeling of driving an AWD Corvette with this power and luxury.

So that's why I and I think a few more of us here are excited about the C8.

Well here we are 3 years after the original post that was stating the price on the new 2019 ZR1. Some thought it was an outrageous amount of money and some maybe not. This is just an FYI post to ponder. A good friend of mine just sold his low mileage 2019 Sebring orange ZR1 for $180,000 dollars! A Canadian car sold here in Canada. Think what you may.

I went to Smiths Falls yesterday for my daughter's G2 drive test (she passed), then we went to one of the dealerships and saw my first ZR1 in person. WOW what a car. They are asking 250 000$ for it. About 3400KM on this car.
View attachment 84152
OMG!! It's a nice rare car, but not that nice!

I went to Smiths Falls yesterday for my daughter's G2 drive test (she passed), then we went to one of the dealerships and saw my first ZR1 in person. WOW what a car. They are asking 250 000$ for it. About 3400KM on this car.
View attachment 84152
Asking price and selling price are often two separate matters. Nice car but never, and I mean never, in this inflated market should you be a buyer. That is true for a lot of products in this post pandemic economy. There will be a slew of stuff for sale a year from now and current buyers will be taking a bath….

Asking price and selling price are often two separate matters. Nice car but never, and I mean never, in this inflated market should you be a buyer. That is true for a lot of products in this post pandemic economy. There will be a slew of stuff for sale a year from now and current buyers will be taking a bath….
Which came first... The chicken or the egg... If there were no buyers, there wouldn't be an inflated market... lol..Price of bourbon went up as well... Can't help thinking you and I may have had a part in that... :angelic:

• Haha
Reactions: Cariboocreek
View attachment 84152
Where is it so I can find out if it is everything I am looking for. The color is right.
Asking and Buying price are two different things.
It does take a serious buyer first and I need more information please.
I'm even driving thru ONT in Sept/Oct with an empty car hauler (so far).
Thank you

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.