This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Question 2019 c7 sting, plastic below speedometer cluster bubbling??

Mr.Abuelo

Casual User
May 4, 2022
West Hill, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray,
Province
ON
Hello all, today I was,warming up my 2019 stingray which has been stored in my garage all winter. I noticed there is about six "snowflake" like marks on plastic immediately under the gauges, thought it was dirt, but when i ran my fingernail on 1 of them, the plastic peels,,, area does not get hot, nothing placed over that area, but of course now I am conscious about them.

I tried to actually search for a carbon fiber piece I can stick on, but could not find any for that u shape piece, any suggests? See pics for exact area, any replies are welcomed and appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230401_174437.jpg
    719.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 20230401_132144.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 20230401_132134.jpg
    1,014.9 KB · Views: 32
Could that have been caused by some cleaning solution? A replacement piece might be able to be located from your dealers parts department or an aftermarket vendor. It would bother me as well having to see it every time I got in the car. Good luck finding a solution.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Thanks ol yeller, ui found out ut could have been a manufacturer defect related to plastic moulding process, I am sure I did not put any cleaner in that area , someone suggested an aftermarket carbon Fibre film just for that u shape piece, so I might go that way,, it's a small thing,,but yes,,, you Look at gauges and your eyes go to that spot... thanks 4 the reply

Users who are viewing this thread