OK, for those coming to Cochrane Friday night.. looks like maybe the meeting place will be the Boston Pizza one block or less north of the Days Inn.

More details when I do the whole new revised schedule.... that will be posted in the next day or two.

B

Last edited:
Yesterday the Emerald lake access road had cars parked on it almost down to Hwy 1. Loads of buses and trailers as well. You’ll be hard pressed to find parking there Brian for 20/25 of you guys.

Yesterday the Emerald lake access road had cars parked on it almost down to Hwy 1. Loads of buses and trailers as well. You’ll be hard pressed to find parking there Brian for 20/25 of you guys.

Nope..............

We got VIP Parking.... Manager is allowing us to park in the hotel guest parking ( also staff quarters too ) area 850 meters from the bridge. And whoever wants to get shuttled the shuttle will pick us up right by the cars and drop us at the bridge... this is just after the photo shoot.

Manager even said call him from Field and he will get shuttle ready for us. He was super nice.

There was 50-70 spots available in hotel guest / staff parking when Ziggy and I were there. And on the road they were parked way past this hotel guest entrance so this parking is closer then where the parking will be at for the general public..... yes, busier now but I have arrangements.

Brian

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozig
Nope..............

We got VIP Parking.... Manager is allowing us to park in the hotel guest parking area 850 meters from the bridge. And whoever wants to get shuttled the shuttle will pick us up right by the cars and drop us at the bridge... this is just after the photo shoot.

Manager even said call him from Field and he will get shuttle ready for us. He was super nice.

There was 50-70 spots available in hotel guest / staff parking when Ziggy and I were there. And on the road they were parked way past this hotel guest entrance and this was June. yes, busier now but I have arrangements.

Brian
There you go !! In like Flynn.

2018 Corvette Mountain Cruise official thread - Aug 17-19th

Parking – will be at lot off the area for hotel guests - shuttle that they offer ( you can walk too - 850 meter walk – Approved with the manager, gave us a real warm welcome when Ziggy and I went there )

It has been posted since late June that we have special parking arrangements.

B

The adjustments being made because of the fires has made this cruise unique and one of the hardest to plan on record. Brian needs a special pat on the back for the time he is taking to make sure it's trouble free. So far the changes are: route, itinerary, Saturday lunch. We have reduced scenery and route but the company we keep males up for it in spades! Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday and/or Saturday!

Reactions: turbozig
Oh ya...... Jeffy update... heard you got damage at MITM.... Brian

I think you received what Trump says is "Fake News" Brian …
as no Corvettes got damaged at the MITM Event.

The story I heard was Jeffy putting on his superhero outfit and fighting crime
somewhere else (thinking in a different Province on the way home) …
Jeffy is a true hero on a hit and run … :thumbs:
… and I too do hope he has his Corvette back in time for this weekend …

Last edited:
I got 3 test radios for the weekend, arranging pick up for them now, we can test them as a few clubs in Calgary use them
we shall see as the 3 sets of furs purchased in the past are basically junk
Let us try these new ones and bring furs ones to compare
Jeff

new car to me is one without body damage

OK, Saturday lunch confirmed..... told her fish, egg and gluten free for allergies.

Any others to note?

You can post here or PM me.

Route is final... it will be up tonight here and on Alberta Corvettes

B

Ok today is the day for heading to Cochrane, hurry up 4:30!! There are two nice looking car washs in Cochrane for enyone coming in

Attachments

• carwash corral.JPG
    carwash corral.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Mountain view wash.JPG
    Mountain view wash.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 11
  • wash map.JPG
    wash map.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.