VetteCoins
Car
No Corvette :(
2018 Corvette Mountain Cruise

Official information page

Update Aug 12th 2018​

Dates Aug 17-19th ( 18th - 19th main dates )​

Now this will have the final plans / route posted on Aug 15th or 16th​

Now this page will have info, tips on the event, questions I need information on​

Now, recently a forest fire has started on our route - Hwy 93 to Radium. Paul and myself are monitoring this situation​

I will be posting very few details on the agenda now till it is final.​

I might try do the route on Tuesday Aug 14th myself in my daily driver if I can get time. Already done the route once in late June.​

Info needed from everyone going on all items below

Need your name, if you are attending and if 1-2 people. I would like your email address and cell phone too please.

Need to know if eating Saturday lunch YES or NO, How many 1-2 people and if any food allergies

Need to know IF you want to do the Grizzly tour and how many of you

Attendees to best of my knowledge

1. Brian ( 2009CGMZR1 ) ( room booked ) confirmed
  2. Paul and Jo ( RockyPM ) ( room booked ) confirmed
  3. Jeff and Robin ( Jeffer2013 ) ( room booked ) confirmed
  4. Ziggy and Cindy ( Turbozig ) ( room booked ) confirmed
  5. Dennis & Bonnie ( Rockitman ) confirmed
  6. Rick & Kathy ( Rick9456 ) confirmed
  7. Thomas & Jacqueline (thomigun) confirmed
  8. Freda & Spence ( SN III ) ( room booked ) confirmed
  9. Cody ( Jr Corvette ) confirmed
  10. Mike and his daughter Brooklyn ( room booked ) confirmed
  11. James P and Leslie confirmed
  12. Dan S confirmed
  13. Gordon R Carol G confirmed
  14. Grant and wife ( meet at resort he said ) Wide05
  15. Jason and Julie ( Grundy ) confirmed ( only Sask attendee )
  16. Alexander M TBD still ( maybe he says
  17. Micheal F 2 people confirmed ( day trip only - no lunch )
  18. Christopher V TBD Still / contact me please
  19. Darwin M Maybe on Alb Corvette FB page TBD Still / contact me please
  20. RJ R Maybe on Alb Corvette FB page TBD Still / contact me please
  21. Graham B Maybe on Alb Corvette FB page TBD Still / contact me please
  22. Derrick D Jarrid D Maybe on Alb Corvette FB page TBD Still / contact me please
  23. Erik S Maybe on Alb Corvette FB page TBD Still / contact me please
  24. Jordan L Maybe on Alb Corvette FB page TBD Still / contact me please
  25. Wade M Maybe on Alb Corvette FB page TBD Still / contact me please
  26. Evelyn K Maybe on Alb Corvette FB page TBD Still / contact me please
  27. Dalen E Maybe on Alb Corvette FB page TBD Still / contact me please
  28. Martin V TBD Still / contact me please
  29. Thomas P TBD Still / contact me please
  30. Sonet C L TBD Still / contact me please
  31. Gerry T TBD Still / contact me please

Need your name, if you are attending and if 1-2 people. I would like your email address and cell phone too please.

NOW, maybe 1-2 emails and will be a BCC for privacy - You can watch this page too for final agenda.

Guessing I won't call your cell phone but good to have in case I see that your not at drivers meeting to check.

My cell is 780-993-3687 to have

Start point​

5 West Side Drive, Cochrane, AB, T4C 1M1​

Use C Mountain Club for a room discount​

You can book Friday Aug 17th if you so wish or show up Saturday by 9am ( have a full tank of fuel )​

Drivers meeting 9am and leave by 9:30am Saturday Aug 18th​

NOW IMPORTANT

PLEASE BUY A 1-2 DAY PARK PASS ONLINE BEFORE THE CRUISE AND PRINT IT - THIS WILL SAVE A STOP AT THE GATE

MAYBE IF SOME DON'T WE COULD ASK THE HOTEL TO PRINT

HERE IS THE PAGE TO GET THE PASS - Best to buy Aug 18th and it is good till Sunday Aug 19th 4pm

You can buy a 2 day pass too if you want. 1 day should be fine. There is individual and family options

Lunch plans​

Kootenay Park Lodge half way between Transcanada and Radium on hwy 93​

Kootenay Park Lodge is located on Highway 93 at Vermillion Crossing in the center of spectacular, unspoiled Kootenay National Park.​

Two important things​

We need to know how many in your group and if you are eating here - it will be prepared stuff so we can eat faster then ordering.​

$18.00 a person​

This is a resort by itself - nothing else around, small store​

Need to know if eating here YES or NO, How many 1-2 people and if any food allergies​

We will have the restaurant all to our selves​

OK, need to know if some would like to do the final 4pm tour of Boo Grizzly at the Saturday night hotel

I will do a show of hands who wants to do it at the Sat am drivers meeting

It is approx $30 ( $25 for seniors ) and does have a guide, the grizzly is located half way up the mountain and you take a chairlift to get there.​

Those who might want to do this might be better to skip a short stop in Radium to make it in time. We will see how times goes​

Maybe park and do the tour then check in after or before if you have time​

Need to know IF you want to do the Grizzly tour and how many of you

You have to book your own room for Saturday night

Use Corvette Mountain Cruise for a 10% discount - any of these places below ( limited rooms if any now )​

Kicking Horse Lodging | Kicking Horse Hotels & Condos

Call front desk to book 1-250-439-1160 - Aug 18th
and 10% off Corvette Mountain Cruise​

Directions

Our properties are located at:​

Glacier Mountaineer Lodge — 1549 Kicking Horse Trail - Golden, B.C.
Palliser Lodge — 1420 Palliser Lodge Trail - Golden, B.C.
The Aspens — 1549 Palliser Trail - Golden, B.C​

If no rooms you can find accommodations in Golden, BC - 10-15 minute drive there​

OK, info and tips

Two way radios - we will pick two channels, one for only announcements ( quiet channel ) and one that would be a fun socializing channel​

bring / borrow / buy 1-2 two way radios if you want

If you buy a radio don't buy one the uses AA/AAA batteries, heard they are no good. Watch for sales on mid priced ones with battery packs in them.​

Bring bug spray and sunscreen

If you wish to wash your car in Golden bring some car soap a the car wash I guess is lacking this - we have one CCF person who lives in Golden​

Also dry prior to not have water spots. Been told this by the Golden Corvette owner.​

Now the reason for washing bugs off is to have less bugs for the one car at a time photo shoot at Emerald Lake Sunday mid day

First thread pages here below link​

2018 Corvette Mountain Cruise official thread - Aug 17-19th

More info and official route to follow

Brian and Paul

Last edited:
OK, Paul and I both think the route should change........ i will be revising the route on Sunday

We have a new place for lunch Saturday will be working on that too...... ate twice there and food great and not that busy most times.

B

Well our mountain cruise has experienced sunshine, rain, wind and a bit of snow through the years. Guess it was only a matter of time before the trip had to deal with fire.
As Brian has noted we are working on the alternate travel route still maintaining Kicking Horse as our hotel stay.
Stay tuned and to steal a saying from the Greek Historian, Herodotus
“Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds!”
We gotta do the cruise!

Reactions: 2009CGMZR1
Well our mountain cruise has experienced sunshine, rain, wind and a bit of snow through the years. Guess it was only a matter of time before the trip had to deal with fire.
As Brian has noted we are working on the alternate travel route still maintaining Kicking Horse as our hotel stay.
Stay tuned and to steal a saying from the Greek Historian, Herodotus
“Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds!”
We gotta do the cruise!

There’s your history lesson!

• Haha
Reactions: Rick9456 and Pep
Who said Jeffer was a silent partner ? :ROFL:
Sure hope your car is done in time. Guess you could always bring the Camaro.

Jeff is never silent... always telling jokes!

Oh ya...... Jeffy update... heard you got damage at MITM....

I prefer you guys bring the Mustang before a Camaro please... LOL

Paul went to BC on the weekend for a quick trip... he said the smoke was high and less yesterday.... around the BC border where we will be.

Emerald Lake staff contacted me yesterday via email asking if we wanted group lunching Sunday mid day... I asked what place they had they could do this. said I kinda wanted people to be able to pick own lunch place and time. there are two places to eat at Emerald Lake.... the one by the end of the bridge... the patio has amazing views.. some may want to go there.

Weather looks nice this weekend so far...

Brian

This will be a nice patio to eat lunch at Sunday mid day at Emerald Lake..... and they have inside tables too I guess ( I didn't walk inside ) with glass views of the lake

IMG_2838jpg.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.