Featured Thread
2018 Corvette Mountain Cruise official thread - Aug 17-19th

Right where the dot showing Buffalo Street is Brian, Thats known as “Surprise Corner.” There is a fairly large parking lot there and a short (5min) walk to a viewing platform providing a superb view of the Banff Springs Hotel. Just in case a stop is discussed.

I parked my ZR1 there with Giuliana last year ... lot is small and always full.....

We probably won't get parking for 18-22 cars. We will see when we drive by. bet there will be less then 2 spots open.

Don't even know if the lot holds that many.

Ziggy and I had a hard time turning right onto Banff Ave... if I don't block traffic like I will try it would take 10-15 traffic lights to turn as tons of pedestrians crossing.... I am hoping they stop and watch ( left ) the ( us ) Corvettes turn. There will be an inside lane for those coming over the bridge to move to to get by me.

Brian

Last edited:
If you get to Banff Mikey count the spots.... guessing maybe 12-13 spots there.

surprisecorner.jpg

I plan to stop where the wide black mark is I made.... and everyone turn by me......

People coming over bridge can move one lane over... and I will go after the last car goes by and will be videoing too.

This is Ziggy's idea...... GO ZIGGY..... good one! LOL

Oh, maybe i should make Ziggy block. haha Na, I will have my cool camera set up.
banffaveturn.jpg

B

• Happy
Reactions: turbozig
at 7am we would get room to park... 11 am don't think so.

I can't remember if there is parking spots on the one narrow area...

Banff is just a drive thru and show off our cars.... I will be happy if I can get us all together on main street....

B

Reactions: thomigun
Hey @MikeysZ06 … bring some Nenshi Pilons
or better yet a crew to do a setup in Banff for us … with a vehicle or two with amber strobes ...
Or maybe we will have Ken's as it's Yellow ;)

Ken is saving ( and saving ) for Bowling Green next year... he is not doing the mountain cruise.... unless maybe I get him a group lotto win LOL

I wanna stay in my car..... I can just wave people around. I will do it when I have the right of way. see how it goes.

B

Ken is saving ( and saving ) for Bowling Green next year... he is not doing the mountain cruise.... unless maybe I get him a group lotto win LOL

I wanna stay in my car..... I can just wave people around. I will do it when I have the right of way. see how it goes.

B
Oh had no idea that Ken will not be joining in on much CCF this year … that's too bad.
I did persuade them into the Air Show :thumbs: but not YOU and a few :meh:
this Mountain Cruise is shaping to being awesome … Thank you Brian (and "staff")

Reactions: 2009CGMZR1
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread