Casual User
Aug 29, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Z06
Province
ON
Hi,

I just got my 2017 Z06 and just want to confirm should I use 5w30 per label on oil fill cap or 0w40 I read later vettes switched to ? Car is street only never tracked

Thanks !

This in my C7’s
(usually do before hibernating)
602520D0-AF1C-4A7B-A3C9-24E5F9E26FC9.jpeg

This in the C7 owner
(When in hibernation)
EB79DC42-5D17-4D03-9CB9-EA3C15EF31CF.jpeg

JMO 😂👍🏻

Hi gents and ladies, I am going into my first hibernation with mine. I have only put 550KLM on a new oil change. It says it is at 68% Life still. Why it has gone down to 68% on only 550 KLM is a bit baffling. My question is do I need to change the oil before hibernation which will be at least 7-8 months I figure. Your help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi gents and ladies, I am going into my first hibernation with mine. I have only put 550KLM on a new oil change. It says it is at 68% Life still. Why it has gone down to 68% on only 550 KLM is a bit baffling. My question is do I need to change the oil before hibernation which will be at least 7-8 months I figure. Your help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
With only 550 k, your oil is fine. The oil life meter works on time, not oil quality life.. I hibernate my C7 in the fall after a fresh oil change and in the spring my monitor tells me I'm at around 30%. I just reset it and drive the summer without a care. Hibernate your car. It will be fine. Change the oil again next fall before you put it away. JMO

👆🏻agree with the above.

I noticed “ghosted” oil life drop on the day coming out of its first hibernation in 2017. Realized this is software & related to the time setting - not resulting from a physical sensor of sort. The odometer may likely be a second test in the programming and “oil life” being nagically calculated by the worse-case of either time or mileage scenario. So oil life monitoring is merely computer science programming per se.

Now that I am out from any warranty, I change oil once per year as I cannot seem to even get 5000km of summer driving in for the past few years. Not really basing it from the “oil life monitor”. Hoping to extend summer driving into spring and fall by gettimg all-season tires soon (that part is for another thread of course). Then perhaps being able to base oil lifefrom actually having the oil in use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.