c7ls1

Casual User
Feb 24, 2015
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2012 C6 Convertible
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've finally decided to buy my first Vette, (a torch red LT1 or LT2 manual Convertible with minimal options - no backlogged packages like Z51) but planning to take ownership around March-April of 2016.

Any tips on when I should pay visit to a dealership to put down the deposit (I am in Toronto area), so as to receive the car around Spring of next year (and not between October 2015 - January 2016 :) as I don't think I can bear the thought of parking my brand new dream car for a season) would be appreciated.

I don't want to miss the train either, so I was thinking of putting down a deposit around April of this year, but I am not sure if that's too early. Also pricing for 2016 may not be out by that time, so not sure how this is usually handled.

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions!

First of all welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledgeable people here no matter what the series of Corvette you are looking at.

If I can make a suggestion contact Ojamali at Gateway Chev in Brampton. This gentleman goes out of his way to provide information to all whether they purchased a C7 from him or not. I am impressed with his professionalism and contribution to the Corvette culture.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Approaching Owais now will guarantee your delivery and, most likely, its arrival period. He pulled through with every one of his Vette purchases this year...and a few unexpected ones.

First of all welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledgeable people here no matter what the series of Corvette you are looking at.

If I can make a suggestion contact Ojamali at Gateway Chev in Brampton. This gentleman goes out of his way to provide information to all whether they purchased a C7 from him or not. I am impressed with his professionalism and contribution to the Corvette culture.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Welcome -- and I'll second the suggestion to contact Owais at Gateway Chev.

Colin.

I too have only good things to say about Owais at Gateway Chev in Brampton.

On south side of Queen Street in Brampton two lights west of Airport Road.

Oh yes, and welcome :)

before we get all teary eyed over the new sales guy I thought there was a guy from toronto who also sold cars and was quite helpful from time to time, cannot remember his name but thought he had toronto in his name,,,,,,,

Jeffer2013

Sorry to resurrect this old thread - I decided I could not wait another year for a c7 and bought a lightly used 2012 c6 convertible today. I guess the c7 will have to wait a few years more :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.