Hi Achmed,

Id say that you are right about your deduction on the allocation process for Corvette's.

Yesterday GM reps were visiting our dealership and they confirmed that we will have "upto" 12 allocations for the C7 for 2015's (3 are already sold with estimated delivery by end of September). They also confirmed that we will get one Z06 allocated to us but they were not able to give us a better estimate on when they will be delivered although they have said 1st quarter in past communication. Depending on how soon we are able to find a buyer for the Z06 will determine if we get additional allocation for it.

GM assigns allocations to dealership based on their last two years performance. Also additional allocation is assigned as and when available based on the same criteria except that there is one more qualifying criteria. Did a dealership take a retail factory order (Priority 1) or place an order to sell the unit on the floor once it arrives. Pre-Sold allocations (Factory Orders) would qualify a dealership for even more allocations once they become available.

Other than that I guess its all about the kind of relationship the dealership management has with the factory management. A cordial relationship will sometimes allow you to get some late allocations as well.

Yet additional factors would be availability of parts. In 2014 there was a lot more constraints as GM sold almost 4 times as many 2014's as they did in 2013 but we are being told that they are better equipped now as the facility is going through an expansion so more vehicles can be produced on a daily basis and additional staff is being hired and going through vigorous training for 2015 production which starts on Aug 8th. The transmission production has also been moved to Bowling Green for the same purpose.

Hi Achmed,

Id say that you are right about your deduction on the allocation process for Corvette's.

Yesterday GM reps were visiting our dealership and they confirmed that we will have "upto" 12 allocations for the C7 for 2015's (3 are already sold with estimated delivery by end of September). They also confirmed that we will get one Z06 allocated to us but they were not able to give us a better estimate on when they will be delivered although they have said 1st quarter in past communication. Depending on how soon we are able to find a buyer for the Z06 will determine if we get additional allocation for it.

GM assigns allocations to dealership based on their last two years performance. Also additional allocation is assigned as and when available based on the same criteria except that there is one more qualifying criteria. Did a dealership take a retail factory order (Priority 1) or place an order to sell the unit on the floor once it arrives. Pre-Sold allocations (Factory Orders) would qualify a dealership for even more allocations once they become available.

Other than that I guess its all about the kind of relationship the dealership management has with the factory management. A cordial relationship will sometimes allow you to get some late allocations as well.

Yet additional factors would be availability of parts. In 2014 there was a lot more constraints as GM sold almost 4 times as many 2014's as they did in 2013 but we are being told that they are better equipped now as the facility is going through an expansion so more vehicles can be produced on a daily basis and additional staff is being hired and going through vigorous training for 2015 production which starts on Aug 8th. The transmission production has also been moved to Bowling Green for the same purpose.

I find the whole allocation system sucks for Canadians! Is there any other business that would sell something to put in one guys window or on his lot while another customer with a deposit, the vehicle is sold, is left waiting for months. What stupid way to deal with your customers. You can see dealers in the U.S who have multiple C7's on the their lots, advertising soon to be built vehicles that they have ordered (but not sold) and yet Canadian customers and U.S customers sit with unfilled orders and no allocations waiting for a vehicle. Does Macdonald's only allow each franchise so many burgers based on how many they sold last year. Duhhhh. That's the GM culture for you, back asswards. A few dealers sit atop their priority list, individual U.S. customers go to the back of the bus, Canadian customers are left hitch hiking hoping for a ride. I'm a life long GM owner, 2 in the garage, one C7 I am waiting on , this may be the last GM product I buy. What a terrible purchase experience, the dealers have no control , this is all on GM.

Last edited:
I find the whole allocation system sucks for Canadians! Is there any other business that would sell something to put in one guys window or on his lot while another customer with a deposit, the vehicle is sold, is left waiting for months. What stupid way to deal with your customers. You can see dealers in the U.S who have multiple C7's on the their lots, advertising soon to be built vehicles that they have ordered (but not sold) and yet Canadian customers and U.S customers sit with unfilled orders and no allocations waiting for a vehicle. Does Macdonald's only allow each franchise so many burgers based on how many they sold last year. Duhhhh. That's the GM culture for you, back asswards. A few dealers sit atop their priority list, individual U.S. customers go to the back of the bus, Canadian customers are left hitch hiking hoping for a ride. I'm a life long GM owner, 2 in the garage, one C7 I am waiting on , this may be the last GM product I buy. What a terrible purchase experience, the dealers have no control , this is all on GM.

Honestly I don't find it particularly unfair. GM's customers are the dealerships not us individuals. Individual buyers are customers of the dealerships. If your dealership doesn't have an allocation you have the option of seeking another dealership

The thing is in many years Corvettes weren't in great demand and as a result most dealerships didn't care to try to promote them, buy some for the lot and risk selling for a low margin, etc. BUT now that there's a new generation with great reviews and lots of demand every dealer wants to sell as many as they can. Is that fair to the dealerships who supported the Corvette by buying a large # of them even in last few years of the C6 for example?

Sherwood Park Chevy told me for example that they intentionally ordered a LOT of 2013 C6's knowing that it would be tough to sell them all and while knowing that many unsold C6's would need to be sold at a low margin once the C7's are out...why did they do this? Because they knew that this would make them a more favourable customer to GM and would result in a greater allocation for 2014 and subsequent, years where they could earn a hefty margin on a lot of C7's.

BTW I did just speak to them and was told that they have no idea how many will be allocated as GM has not announced final production numbers yet - so I would imagine the same applies to every dealership in Canada. Obviously sooner you order the better your chances are of getting what you want, but again I don't think there's this huge urgency right now to order immediately or you'll miss out.

Hi C7Driver!

I understand your frustration. However when allocation is scarse and customers are very picky about every option its best to proceed with a factory order. Its similar to buying a well tailored suit vs going to Moores and going for precut suit for 40R and then going to a hemming place to alter (AKA modifications for cars).

When buying an expensive toy its reasonable for people to want to be able to pick EXACTLY what they want specially if there is no additional mark up on say selecting your choice of interior leather trim. Besides its also the fastest way to get your vehicle as long as you place your order from a Corvette dealer that has allocation. There are also added benefits such as Price Protection which benefitted a lot of customers who would otherwise have paid about $ 3000 more due to the price increase.

On a side note, we have a 2014 Corvette Coupe 3LT (Automatic) with Glass roof, Red Calipers and NPP exhaust, Arctic White exterior, Black interior on order with a TPW of Aug 4th. This is not a sold unit so if someone wants it book it now. Delivery by late August (estimated). PM me for details.

Hi C7Driver!

I understand your frustration. However when allocation is scarse and customers are very picky about every option its best to proceed with a factory order. Its similar to buying a well tailored suit vs going to Moores and going for precut suit for 40R and then going to a hemming place to alter (AKA modifications for cars).

When buying an expensive toy its reasonable for people to want to be able to pick EXACTLY what they want specially if there is no additional mark up on say selecting your choice of interior leather trim. Besides its also the fastest way to get your vehicle as long as you place your order from a Corvette dealer that has allocation. There are also added benefits such as Price Protection which benefitted a lot of customers who would otherwise have paid about $ 3000 more due to the price increase.

On a side note, we have a 2014 Corvette Coupe 3LT (Automatic) with Glass roof, Red Calipers and NPP exhaust, Arctic White exterior, Black interior on order with a TPW of Aug 4th. This is not a sold unit so if someone wants it book it now. Delivery by late August (estimated). PM me for details.

I had my deposit down before the last price increase, didn't matter because the dealer didn't have an allocation, so no price protection. They get an allocation after the the price increase and I am still paying. GM's rules.

For those that think the dealerships are GM's customers give your head a shake, the dealership are franchise owners, the customers is the guy at the end of the pipe writing the cheque for the car. If dealerships were their customers how come GM will take away their license to sell GM Products, does that sound like a customer relationship to you. Does the dealership own the warranty no I do, GM considers me their customer, does GM consider the dealerships when they look at recalls, no it's the customer. Is the CEO of GM up in front of the U.S senate because dealerships were killed in their cars no it was their customers. Would GM still be in business if all they had were dealerships and no end user customers? No the customer pays the bill and that goes for the dealership bills as well. They shouldn't forget that.

Last edited:
I had my deposit down before the last price increase, didn't matter because the dealer didn't have an allocation, so no price protection. They get an allocation after the the price increase and I am still paying. GM's rules.

For those that think the dealerships are GM's customers give your head a shake, the dealership are franchise owners, the customers is the guy at the end of the pipe writing the cheque for the car. If dealerships were their customers how come GM will take away their license to sell GM Products, does that sound like a customer relationship to you. Does the dealership own the warranty no I do, GM considers me their customer, does GM consider the dealerships when they look at recalls, no it's the customer. Is the CEO of GM up in front of the U.S senate because dealerships were killed in their cars no it was their customers. Would GM still be in business if all they had were dealerships and no end user customers? No the customer pays the bill and that goes for the dealership bills as well. They shouldn't forget that.

I feel your pain.

I didn't give my deposit to a dealer until they actually had an allocation, took me a month to find one. If you have a good dealer they can be your advocate.

I just picked up my vette, from Gateway. I ordered on Mar 29th one week after the price increase. My purchase they put the pre increase price, but wrote price increase on it. While at the dealer they entered the order and my print out of the initial workbench order showed the new MSRP. So I had prepared myself to be paying the new price. I kept asking my salesman what was the final price, and he kept telling me not sure yet until we get the final invoice.

So I went to dealer and got the final bill. Low and behold, it has the new price which I expected, but then shows a discount ($3260) taking me back to the pre increase price. Damn was I surprised, I expected maybe 500 or 750 off since George kept telling me I'm working on it and trying his best to negotiate with Gm on it.

So I'm going to plug them since they have been straight up, honest and gone the extra mile, which has never happened to me when buying a car.

Thanks Owais my salesman ( ojamali here on the forum ) & George the sales manager of Gateway Chev in Brampton.

As you can see even my 10 year old is very happy!
smackyyz-albums-zeevete-picture964-ethan-big-smile.jpg

I feel your pain.

I didn't give my deposit to a dealer until they actually had an allocation, took me a month to find one. If you have a good dealer they can be your advocate.

I just picked up my vette, from Gateway. I ordered on Mar 29th one week after the price increase. My purchase they put the pre increase price, but wrote price increase on it. While at the dealer they entered the order and my print out of the initial workbench order showed the new MSRP. So I had prepared myself to be paying the new price. I kept asking my salesman what was the final price, and he kept telling me not sure yet until we get the final invoice.

So I went to dealer and got the final bill. Low and behold, it has the new price which I expected, but then shows a discount ($3260) taking me back to the pre increase price. Damn was I surprised, I expected maybe 500 or 750 off since George kept telling me I'm working on it and trying his best to negotiate with Gm on it.

So I'm going to plug them since they have been straight up, honest and gone the extra mile, which has never happened to me when buying a car.

Thanks Owais my salesman ( ojamali here on the forum ) & George the sales manager of Gateway Chev in Brampton.

As you can see even my 10 year old is very happy!
smackyyz-albums-zeevete-picture964-ethan-big-smile.jpg

Glad to hear that. Actually I haven't had an issues with the dealership, trouble is in my case there are issues with my order that are outside of their circle of influence, it is GM that I have had to deal with directly. Probably not much to their liking. Enjoy your new car, looks like somebody is already, nice pic !!

This whole thing has been a frustrating gong show for me as well. I ORDERED my car Oct 31st, 2013. The Z51 went on constraint so I had to pass on that package. My order was picked up, went to 3000 and then kicked back because Cyber gray went on constraint. I had to change my colour and my order went right back to 3000. I would not be surprised if I get a C7 with a black quarter panel, red food, Arctic rear fascia and 18" 19" and 20" wheels! My car has a TPW of July 28th and I hope to have it in my driveway by Aug 15th, 10 months after my order.

This whole thing has been a frustrating gong show for me as well. I ORDERED my car Oct 31st, 2013. The Z51 went on constraint so I had to pass on that package. My order was picked up, went to 3000 and then kicked back because Cyber gray went on constraint. I had to change my colour and my order went right back to 3000. I would not be surprised if I get a C7 with a black quarter panel, red food, Arctic rear fascia and 18" 19" and 20" wheels! My car has a TPW of July 28th and I hope to have it in my driveway by Aug 15th, 10 months after my order.

Geez that sucks!

If you still don't have your car, not sure why you would have had to pass up on the Z51. I ordered mine March 29th and got a Z51, and it was delivered yesterday! I thought the 3 months was a long wait.

REALLY!? That is great that you got it so quickly. It is actually shocking how hard it has been to get this car. My feeling is that my dealer, (a big dealer) sold me the car last year with the idea that they were getting more allocations than they actually had. (even though they swore they had an allocation for me). I do not even deal with the sales guy anymore as he knows he lied to me to get my deposit. I only talk to the logistics coordinator now. Oh well, good things come to those who wait I guess.

@ first_place_trailer: It must be a large dealership if they have a logistics coordinator.

We are a much smaller dealership in Brampton so we are a lot more hands on. I track my C7 orders regularly myself and update my customers on the progress. If I need answers I reach out to GM head office or have my GSM, George Redak, call the factory.

So far its worked out way better for us.

Small dealership that has huge aspirations and great customer service. Give us a chance some time.

We still have 2 more allocations for 2015's first batch with "estimated" delivery by end of September. PM me if I can help you further.

Best Regards,

Hi Owais.

Okay. Not sure if I should be worried or not. I am hoping that my status 1000 for my 2015 Z51 is indeed a Factory Order and has some sort of priority over any floor stock that is planned. I do not think my dealer Mike Jackson would order a C7 to stock mind you. They told me they sell about 5 Vettes a year. The salesman said if they sell a Vette then they can order another. Not sure what kind of allocation they truly have. They sure took my deposit awfully fast though.

As for delivery, and when I look at the You Tube video of the production line, do I need to worry that my crystal red Z51 has to wait for the day BG runs only crystal red Z51s? I'd hate to find out they do not run Crystal Red until February. I say this because the video shows only the Torch Red being built. I sure hope September isn't Velocity Yellow month at BG.

Signed,
Concerned in Cwood

Hi VINDIC8R,

I understand your concern.

If your dealership actually sold 5 C7's for 2014 then they should get atleast 5 more C7's for 2015. The delivery timings may be spread throughout the year though. and unless the order gets accepted to status 2000 (accepted by GM) there is no telling when you would actually get it.

Regarding your concern on the color dont worry about it too much. Torch Red is the classic red color choice that a lot of repeat Corvette buyers select but by no means will your vehicle be delayed in production by months simply because of your Crystal Red color choice.

Of the 2 C7's we delivered yesterday one was Crystal Red and the other was Night Race Blue. Both were ordered within 11 days of each other and both arrived yesterday within 3 months.

Crystal Red -- Ordered Mar 18th -- Delivered June 26th
Night Race Blue -- Ordered Mar 29th -- Delivered June 26th.

So as long as your dealer actually has allocation and has placed an order for you, you are in good hands. Ask them for your GM Order number. Its a 6 alphanumerical order number and starts with "R".

If they can not provide you an order number then call us and we will place an order for you immediately. Just make sure they will refund your deposit first. If they dont have a vehicle and allocation and no order number it shouldnt be a problem to get your refund.

Best of luck!

Call or TXT 416-826-7006

Concerned in Cwood
Having learned what I have gone thru I would make sure your dealer has an allocation and have it in writing. I was told I did and later found they were out of allocations. I was tempted to call OMVIC but did not. Talk to Ojamali as he seems to be a pretty stand up guy. I am sure he will point you in the right direction even if you do not buy a car from him. I have learned a lot in the 10 months I have waited for my car especially that my gut instinct is usually right. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck, I hope you don't have an experience like I am having.

My 2015 2LT Coupe Update

Went to the dealer today and I have an "R" order number. Some of the jargon on the printout sheet I left with says:

Model Year: 2015
Distrib Entity: RET
Allocation Group: VET
Order Type: SRE - Retail Sold
Model: 1YX07 - Corvette Stingray Coupe with Z51
Current Event: 1100 Preliminary Order Accepted

PEG: 2LT

Primary Color: GBE - Crystal Red Tintcoat
Trim: 193 Trim, Leather, Jet Black
Engine: LT1

Transmission: M5U Transmission, Auto 8 Speed, 8L90

Options:

AG2 6 way Power Passenger
AP9 Rear Cargo net
AQ9 Front Sport Bucket
B4Z Performance Traction Management
BTV Remote Vehicle Start
CFA Roof Panel, Body Colour, Carbon Fibre, Removable
D42 Luggage Shade
DD0 Outside Rearview mirror with Autodimming
DD8 Inside mirror with compass
ERI Battery Protection Package
EYK Ornamentation Ext emblem, nameplate, chrome, package
FE4 Magnetic Selective Ride Control
G96 Differential, Electronic Limited Slip
GU2 Axle: 2.73 Ratio
IO6 Infotainment, Connectivity and Navigation
J55 Brakes, Performance 4 whl antilock
J5A Caliper, Black
KNR Cooling system, axle
NP5 Steering wheel, Leather wrapped
NPP Performance Exhaust
Q7S, Wheel 19 in, Front, 20 in. Back Aluminium
RWH LPO Indoor Vehicle Cover
UG1 Universal Home Remote
UQS Audio, System, Bose 10 speaker
UQT Performance Data & Video Recorder
UTJ Theft Deterrent
UV6 Head Up Display
UVF Front vision camera
VV4 Internet Connectivity
XFJ P245 Front and P285 Rear Tires
Z51 Z51 Performance Package

I am like a kid waiting for Christmas :driving:

Hi VINDIC8R,

This is great news! Once its at 1100 it waiting for GM to open their order book to confirm it and update it to 2000.

Congrats! I like your selection of specs!

Now if your dealer has confirmed allocation then you should be driving it off their lot by the end of September. There should be some movement within the next 3 weeks as production starts on 08/11.

Best of luck!

Thanks Owais for that vote of confidence on my being able to drive in this calendar year. Just need to know how far back of the bus Canadian orders are. I am hoping an R number is just an order number to BG and my baby is queued as any other for build.

The salesman said they have a few allocations. Due for delivery soon are two crystal reds and a black - all 2014s of course. They never order a Corvette to stock. He said I am their second 2015 order. I had put a grand down in late May requesting delivery in April 2015 but had them order solid with no delivery delay on June 18. So June 18 had the order at event 1000.

I have lots of family and friends in Brampton. I will be sure to give them YOUR name if any are considering a GM product. Hell, I will tell anyone who will listen to go see you to buy a GM. There is no gig for you here in this forum and yet you have helped many of us out immensely. Ntmd8r is right!! Bravo, Owais.

Doug in Collingwood

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread