Oct 20, 2013
Fort McMurray, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51
2015 Corvette Z06 Has 650 HP, 650 LB-FT, More Than Hellcat | GM Authority

So 650hp, 650 ft/lbs of torque. Monstrous. This car is going to be so beastly. I feel so bad for anyone who bought a 2013 ZR-1. Completely outclassed in such a short time by a much cheaper car.

What's so amazing is how available the power is. Such an amazing power band and low end torque. Depending on prices, might be very tempting to upgrade in a couple years.

Those are some beastly numbers for sure. I wonder if they'll price it similar to US pricing like they are doing on the C7? I can't imagine how difficult it's going to be to score one of these in Canada and I fear the $$$$$$.

There is a well known saying......that if you're going to 'mod' the car,
the first thing to be modded should be the driver !

And with those numbers.......hope we don't see any wrecked ' vettes.
Would be so easy to do with all that power.

Tony
welland

2015 Corvette Z06

I'm thinking that most of the Canadian allocations for a 2015 Z06 are already spoken for!!! One of our large local GM dealers has only one allocation of a 2015 Z06 and I believe it is spoken for already...... Yet they have a hundred brochures!!!
Quite a car... 650/650 is a monumental motor, with a warranty!
Graham

For anyone hoping to test drive a C7 will be out of luck in Canada as these vehicles are usually sold as factory order even before they arrive at the dealerships.

The best bet is to maybe rent one in the US at a speciality car rental place. I dont know of any rental companies in GTA renting out C7's at this time.

Best of luck and let us know if you got to rent/test drive one! I want to take one for a test drive too and I work at a Corvette dealership! The most ive driven is from our new car parking lot to the service lot for a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection).

Can't Wait Till I Take One Out For A Test Drive .....

I Want Mine To Be A Convertible ...

And Love The Blue ....

nice choice:

2015-Z06-Convertible-Roof-Up.jpg

I love convertibles, but it just does not do it for me in the C7, I love the lines in the coupe. However, there is a yellow one in town and I saw it on the weekend with the top down and it was sexy! I guess I am a bigger fan with the top down.

I'm thinking that most of the Canadian allocations for a 2015 Z06 are already spoken for!!! One of our large local GM dealers has only one allocation of a 2015 Z06 and I believe it is spoken for already...... Yet they have a hundred brochures!!!

You are correct. I went in many months ago to that same dealer and was told I would be #2 on the list. I wound up going out to Abbotsford and was lucky enough to get to be first in line. Now I just need to be able to pay for it when it come up for ordering.

I am nervous at how much this sucker will cost!

Time will tell, but I don't see why there's a major worry about the 2015 Z06 being sold out too early.

Even with the 14 Stingray, some dealers were taking orders up to the new year until their allocation ran out...then some months later got a further allocation of 14's.

I would be surprised if all Canadian Z06's for the 2015 model year are spoken for any sooner than Novemberish/2014.

Time will tell, but I don't see why there's a major worry about the 2015 Z06 being sold out too early.

Even with the 14 Stingray, some dealers were taking orders up to the new year until their allocation ran out...then some months later got a further allocation of 14's.

I would be surprised if all Canadian Z06's for the 2015 model year are spoken for any sooner than Novemberish/2014.

I was chatting with my dealer last week and apparently they already have 5 or 6 people waiting on a Z06 and they are likely only going to get 2. They got 7 stingrays which is more than most dealerships. Sherwood Park will probably get around 10, and try and outsource for more like they did with the Stingrays. I cant see the smaller dealers who only got 1-3 stingrays getting any Z06's. So it will be interesting. I think these will be fairly hard to get the first year though.

I was chatting with my dealer last week and apparently they already have 5 or 6 people waiting on a Z06 and they are likely only going to get 2. They got 7 stingrays which is more than most dealerships. Sherwood Park will probably get around 10, and try and outsource for more like they did with the Stingrays. I cant see the smaller dealers who only got 1-3 stingrays getting any Z06's. So it will be interesting. I think these will be fairly hard to get the first year though.

Agreed!

I was talking with my dealer yesterday, and they sold 9 14MY C7's and are tentatively getting 12 for their 15MY C7 allocation, which they've sold 3 already. From what they know now they are only confirmed to be getting 1 C06 for the 15 MY.

So sounds like they will be in short supply. If you don't have a deposit in now or soon. will be a long wait.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that this early into the next model year the dealerships don't know for certain what their total allocation will be, although they do or may know what the number allocated in the first round.

For example, when I first started talking to Sherwood Park Chevy around this time last year, (I'm using approximate #'s here because I don't recall the exact #'s) I was told they were given 15 C7's by GM. Once those were near sold out, they mentioned they got another 15 in their "second round." After that, I heard they got 2 or 4 Premiere Editions. Then around Mar/15 I heard that some additional C7's were allotted by GM (so probably around 40 total despite the initial quote of only 15). So from what it seems to me allocations are given throughout the year depending on the dealership, buyer demand, and GM's capacity to build.

Again, someone else can chime in they know this to not be the case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread