Jul 25, 2012
Fraser Valley B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Convertible
When equipped with the eight-speed paddle-shifted transmission, the car is supposed to achieve 13 mpg around town and 23 (U.S. Gallons) on the highway, producing a combined average of 16 mpg. While this is a bit of a drop from the standard C7 Stignray, we have to remember one thing

When equipped with the eight-speed paddle-shifted transmission, the car is supposed to achieve 13 mpg around town and 23 (U.S. Gallons) on the highway, producing a combined average of 16 mpg. While this is a bit of a drop from the standard C7 Stignray, we have to remember one thing… this car is being propelled by a 6.2-liter supercharged V8, that cranks out a whopping 650 hp and 650 lb-ft or torque!

Again, when comparing this to some of the exotics out there, it still maintains a better fuel rating and in some cases even outperforms cars that burn more fuel. Should we have the opportunity to test one of these awesome machines, we will make sure to update you with our findings.

Also, please note that this is based on American gallons, so add 20% for Canada. So 16/28 in Canada, which is just stupid for 650 HP.... 2014 911/GT3 gets 19/29 with the dual clutch transmission as the only choice...

I realize the difference... My childhood was based on crossing the border and filling up at Smokin Joes for 15 bucks US top! Loooooong wait for some...

Are you that old too??

I am so old, I remember having to get up out of my chair, walk across the room, bend down and turn a small knob to change the channel on the TV. And then a commercial would come on and the jingle would say "See the U.S.A. in your Chevrolet". And what the heck was Channel U anyway? :rofl:

Yup.... That familiar clunk of changing the rotary channel dial...or how about the joy of having a hand held mini radio that required the square battery in the back and had an antenna that extended.

Also, please note that this is based on American gallons, so add 20% for Canada. So 16/28 in Canada, which is just stupid for 650 HP.... 2014 911/GT3 gets 19/29 with the dual clutch transmission as the only choice...
I believe American gallons are the only gallons in the world??What is a Canadian gallon? not seen at my gas station??lol

I believe American gallons are the only gallons in the world??What is a Canadian gallon? not seen at my gas station??lol

A Canadian gallon(actually an Imperial gallon) is much like Canadian beer, Americans think it is the same, but ours holds more of the stuff with the kick...

3.78 Liters to a US gallon, 4.55 in an Imperial gallon, so 1.2 times the size...

When a compare the fuel the new Z06 will use and what my ZR1 is using, it's about the same. From my place to Quebec city it is 250 km one trip. At an average of 125km/hr I do 10.4l /100 km or 27 mpg canadian. If I put it on cruise at 110km/hr it will drop under 10l/100. That is summer wheather, late fall you can add at least 15%. Cold air means more oxygen so more fuel but the car is faster, on a supercharged car the difference is bigger. It will probably be the same thing whit the new Z06, the colder it is, the more it burns fuel. First time my wife drove the car on a longer trip, she was a little nervous so she drove the 250km at 100km/hr, 8.5l/100km but it was SOOOOOOO boring, these car are not made to slow the traffic down

Yah, quite a difference between the US gallon and Imperial gallon. I guess that is where liters/100km works well as it is the same everywhere. It took a very long time for me to be able to convert between l/100km and US mpg in my head.

Anyway, to get back on topic. If the new Z only sucks 10 liters of fuel for every 100 km on the highway, that is pretty good!!! My car uses 6.5 to 7 liters per 100 km and has half the power!

My point was only in fun and it was that there is no "Canadian" gallon- We do not sell anything in Canada in Imperial liquid measures..Merry Christmas.

My point was only in fun and it was that there is no "Canadian" gallon- We do not sell anything in Canada in Imperial liquid measures..Merry Christmas.

Right you are, BUT, Canadian window stickers still list both, and if you switch your gauges to from metric, some cars take it to US gallons, and some to Imperial, hence the explanation of the difference.

I have had people complaining that their cars don't get the MPG that the window sticker said that it should, and I have had to point out that the car is measuring in US gallons, not imperial...

:canada:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread