Thanks guys... I have put over 1K on her now and it is good to see that GM has picked up on customer comments earlier on. Things I initially concerned myself about such as orange peel, sub-standard info-tainment and PDR have all been non-existent with this vehicle. Actually, an impressive surprise is the fact that GM has now included well placed paint protection in front of the rear wheels where customers have observed initial marks from stones sticking to the front tires. As well, I am more than impressed with the window indexing where the window opens just a bit and then closes completely as you close the door. There were a number of earlier concerns that the doors wouldn't close properly because of the compression inside when closing them and this takes care of that very well. The Navigator I find as good (if not better) than Garmin and myself and the wife actually had a laugh on the way home where the system identified the 401 as being closed ahead (Kingston area) and rerouted. Being the stubborn smart ass I am, I believed it to be the roadwork at night and ignored the Navigator...only to learn too late and having to be rerouted through a longer route.

As for the ride, I have never been in a Vette as smooth and the wife had a healthy awakening when I switched from Touring to Sport and hit the gas quickly. Even at 120km/h that bark puts a grin on any drivers face; the wife was none too impressed with that as I never gave her any warning. Something else I am impressed with is a booklet that speaks to Mobile1 being the recommended and provided oil supplier for all complimentary oil changes.

Acceleration is something to be in awe of if you enjoy speed. It is immediate and I would not recommend anyone not familiar with the car to press the peddle to the ground for any reason. Last but not least, if you don't like crowds or speaking with people, DON'T purchase this car. It seems that every stop one makes ends up with a crowd and, in fact, someone started a conversation about the new engine as we were sitting at a red light yesterday. It gets plenty of attention.

Lastly, I never expected to ever buy a car that, even after I combed over it with a fine tooth comb for over an hour, I cannot come up with a single thing that might be a bit concerning. The build quality is immaculate and miles above anything i would have ever expected. Wait, wait... there is one thing... The kalahari seating is not justified in pictures. Even looking at my pictures, the kalahari (at least to me) doesn't seem to match as well as one might like it to. Maybe it is the fact that we are mixing 3 colours...I don't know. This is not the case in reality though and the kalahari really sets this car off; I would not go with another colour combination as it looks so good with this combination. The pictures truly don't do the kalahari justice.

IMG_6974.JPG
IMG_6977.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys... I have put over 1K on her now and it is good to see that GM has picked up on customer comments earlier on. Things I initially concerned myself about such as orange peel, sub-standard info-tainment and PDR have all been non-existent with this vehicle. Actually, an impressive surprise is the fact that GM has now included well placed paint protection in front of the rear wheels where customers have observed initial marks from stones sticking to the front tires. As well, I am more than impressed with the window indexing where the window opens just a bit and then closes completely as you close the door. There were a number of earlier concerns that the doors wouldn't close properly because of the compression inside when closing them and this takes care of that very well. The Navigator I find as good (if not better) than Garmin and myself and the wife actually had a laugh on the way home where the system identified the 401 as being closed ahead (Kingston area) and rerouted. Being the stubborn smart ass I am, I believed it to be the roadwork at night and ignored the Navigator...only to learn too late and having to be rerouted through a longer route.

As for the ride, I have never been in a Vette as smooth and the wife had a healthy awakening when I switched from Touring to Sport and hit the gas quickly. Even at 120km/h that bark puts a grin on any drivers face; the wife was none too impressed with that as I never gave her any warning. Something else I am impressed with is a booklet that speaks to Mobile1 being the recommended and provided oil supplier for all complimentary oil changes.

Acceleration is something to be in awe of if you enjoy speed. It is immediate and I would not recommend anyone not familiar with the car to press the peddle to the ground for any reason. Last but not least, if you don't like crowds or speaking with people, DON'T purchase this car. It seems that every stop one makes ends up with a crowd and, in fact, someone started a conversation about the new engine as we were sitting at a red light yesterday. It gets plenty of attention.

Lastly, I never expected to ever buy a car that, even after I combed over it with a fine tooth comb for over an hour, I cannot come up with a single thing that might be a bit concerning. The build quality is immaculate and miles above anything i would have ever expected. Wait, wait... there is one thing... The kalahari seating is not justified in pictures. Even looking at my pictures, the kalahari (at least to me) doesn't seem to match as well as one might like it to. Maybe it is the fact that we are mixing 3 colours...I don't know. This is not the case in reality though and the kalahari really sets this car off; I would not go with another colour combination as it looks so good with this combination. The pictures truly don't do the kalahari justice.

View attachment 2161 View attachment 2162

Beautiful car. Is it time for the first oil change??

I am actually past the first oil change point and at 1300km as of this morning. What is a man to do when he can't get to the shop on the weekend? I am going to try and limit my usage this week and get it in next Saturday in Burlington. Few more shots with some care!

Actually, here are the stack of piks taken today on my Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98323788@N08/sets/72157654195807351

Pik 3.jpg
Pik 2.jpg
Pik 1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazy2b
Another member here received an unexpected picture from his dealer today, his car having been delivered much sooner than expected. I won't spoil his fun but he told me that it felt like the first glimpse of his newborn after waiting nine months! As much as that wait was at times unbearable and there were times when I even considered walking away, my wife made a statement last night when she asked me if i was coming to bed or sleeping in the car,,, "The boy inside the man"

Reactions: smackYYZ
Another member here received an unexpected picture from his dealer today, his car having been delivered much sooner than expected. I won't spoil his fun but he told me that it felt like the first glimpse of his newborn after waiting nine months! As much as that wait was at times unbearable and there were times when I even considered walking away, my wife made a statement last night when she asked me if i was coming to bed or sleeping in the car,,, "The boy inside the man"
Guess the Cars a good place to sleep lol

Hubba hubba!!!
Congrats. ✌✌

I am actually past the first oil change point and at 1300km as of this morning. What is a man to do when he can't get to the shop on the weekend? I am going to try and limit my usage this week and get it in next Saturday in Burlington. Few more shots with some care!

Actually, here are the stack of piks taken today on my Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98323788@N08/sets/72157654195807351

View attachment 2168 View attachment 2167 View attachment 2166

Like my wife says, at least she knows who the other woman is, my car!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread