xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
I know there's some golf-nuts here.

While Tiger's looking like he's ready to challenge in majors again (or should I say pulverize the field in majors again), there some interesting "others" that come to mind.

I can't wait to watch it all happen. To me the Masters has always signalled the birth of spring........

In Vegas I laid down a few bets on some potential winners. I tried to take people whose odds were the best--given that I think they might have a chance to win. Last year I almost cashed in on Matt Kuchar, as I bet on hiom before he was in the field at 750:1. My ten dollar bet was edge-of-chair suspense when he grabbed the lead on the 15th hole in the final round.

His bogey on 16 elimitated his chances though...

This year it's three players:

1. Jim Furyk at 75:1
2. Brandt Snedeker at 55:1
3. Rory Sabbatini at 200:1

Rory was just a bet on the one person with LONGSHOT odds that would be fun to cheer for. Weir was 500:1 (as was Tom Watson).

Any golf fans care to make a bold Masters prediction?:D

Like yourself I hold the Master's in great esteem, A sure sign of spring for sure. Without a doubt, my favourite major and tournament of the year.

I didn't think we would ever see the return of "Tiger", but with the way he has stepped up this spring there is no way anyone can not say he is back. In Tiger's mind, he needs to win a major to prove himself. That alone makes him the top pick for this years Masters. Come Sunday, I would be very surprised if he was not right there.

However, there is a lot of talent on the scene at this point in time. Snedeker as you have mentioned will be one to watch, but I don't think he is quite ready after is time out. One never knows what you are going to see from Phil. I'm a Bubba fan, but he is not likely to repeat.

So who is going to give Tiger the run? I think you want to keep an eye on Keegan Bradley. Another unlikely to watch would be Steve Stricker. He has been playing very well this past couple of months. And although I would hate to see it Sergio Garcia is also showing signs.......

But in the end, Tiger is the smart money as the odds show.

If we are going for a seasoned dark horse......with perhaps one horseshoe left.....it would have to be Freddy "Boom Boom" Couples. Freddy knows Augusta like the back of his hand...and has been on page one numerous times. Even in the last couple of years...Freddy has started well.....but then $hit the bed.....

Tough to Admit....but Weir's professional golf career will be limited to driving ranges.....

Bring on the Masters......it will help get rid of our 3 feet of snow....for the love of god....

Adam

Again....Freddy hemorrhaged strokes today....his 3rd round meltdown once again....old "Boom Boom" has shot par or worse in 7 out of his 8 last masters 3rd round performances. Nice to see a 53 yr old share the lead for part of the first 36 holes....

Again....Freddy hemorrhaged strokes today....his 3rd round meltdown once again....old "Boom Boom" has shot par or worse in 7 out of his 8 last masters 3rd round performances. Nice to see a 53 yr old share the lead for part of the first 36 holes....

Ya Freddie is one of my favorites. Too bad he got eaten alive on the back nine.
Not too crazy about the new Tiger rule. He should have DQe'd himself.
Should be a great Sunday at the masters.:canada:

I like him and glad he didn't leave. Mental errors -- we all make 'em, and as he said the rules say that he can continue to play so why not.....

I'd like to see him win. I think it would be good for the game.
JMVHO. :D

C.

Greg Norman has DQ'd himself a couple times in the past when he had an infraction......

However, the rules aren't as clear as one may think without defining the word "close". In my opinion, a yard or so is close for a drop or relief (1 club length). When Tiger admitted he dropped 2 yards for an "advantage" that is just wrong. You would have thought that he would have learned to keep his mouth shut after the "Tiger Scandal" or been taught how to handle the media. When in a pickle.....take the nickel.....

Yes it was an exciting finish. Also think it is nice to see Scott get the jacket....well deserved.

Nick Faldo comment: "From down under to the top of the World" ..... might be the saddest thing any sports announcer ever said. LOL !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.