Featured Thread

ourwully

Casual User
Jul 12, 2018
Georgetown
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
I am sure this topic has been covered a million times and it is a bit ironic that I should be posting it as the C8 approaches but I have never seen a comparison from the average (to below average) driver. I am in my mid 60s and I don't go on the track, and I don't even drive that fast so why would I change from a c6 to a c7. In truth, I just fancied a new one and knew I would not be able to justify the cost of a C8. Now that I have had one for a week or so I am glad I made the switch. From a performance point of view I will never use the power or handling of either the C6 or the C7, but what I did notice right away were the many features that made the car better for me, and probably most average drivers. When you get in the car you notice that the seats are more comfortable for the driver and way more comfortable for the passenger with the extra legroom. The whole drivers compartment including the adjustable instrument cluster is very pleasing to the eye and feels just right. Once you get going you also notice that there is little or no need for a rear deflector. With my c6 a deflector was necessary for buffetting and quiet at any speeds above 80kph. This leads to another issue because when I wanted to put my top up I had to get out of the car and remove the deflector. Now I can raise the top without even stopping the car completely. Another big dfference is the heat inside the car and in the trunk. In the C6 anything in the centre console or in the trunk became really hot even on short journeys. A chocolate bar in the console would be completely melted but in the c7 the console and trunk don't even get warm. This may be particular to my C6 but my new C7 sits slightly higher so going over small bumps is a lot safer. As I stated earlier I am not a fast driver but now I do find myself going around certain twisties much faster and with no drama. In the C7 I was always cautious about the rear end when pushing it a bit. Probably my favourite part of the new C7, however, is the Rev Matching and the adjustable exhaust sound. Even a slow guy like me feels good with the open exhausts sounding glorious on the downshifts. The point of this thread is to let C6 owners like myself know that it is worth it to change to the C7. Now the C8, only time will tell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.