The receipt will be fine. Post it man c’mon.
You can PM me the number of where you got it done. Hurry up on that. I have s**t to do today. Can’t wait around.

Just asking you for proof Max. Not threatening you at all. If you paid $3500,00 for that work,you’d have no issue showing the board. If that’s true,I’ll truck my car out there and let them have at it.

Ownership of Corvettes are not cheap. Add a Z or a number to the model and the costs go up. Pay to play.

Some of the shops are expensive, some are cheap. I believe in life you get what you pay for.

To the OP’s question, what is your level of comfort with risk. You could drive it 100k with no issue or maybe not even make it out the driveway. By the way thats the same deal as getting hit by a cement truck.

Drive it and enjoy it. Fix it and enjoy it. Either way there is no right answer.

Reactions: Messner
Personally, I don’t think you could get it done for $3500. I had my heads done at AHP and the swap done at a very reputable shop here in Kelowna.
I was given what I consider a fair deal and I was darn near twice that number (with exchange to CANADIAN Dollars).

I am in the process of doing the heads on my 2009 C6Z, I just received the AHP kit # 4 from UPS yesterday.
I got the base kit, coated and polished, but, used oe Ti intakes, new Ferrera exhaust valves, 16 pm guides and
machining. The only thing I added was new oe valve springs.
That was $4000.00 cdn including the core charge and freight. I will get back about $1700 cdn for the cores, so, net $ 2300 cdn.
Gm head gaskets, ARP bolt kit, exhaust manifold gaskets, xover vent plugs and Dexcool added $500.00 cdn.
Local labour will be about $1000.00
so total, about $3800.00, add maybe $200 freight back to AHP cores.
If you did all DIY, you could be $3000 all in.
Fact.

I have no issue doing reconditioned intakes, They are thoroughly inspected before reconditioning and there are no reported failures
that I could find from this process. AHP do 300 plus of these heads every year. not all done with recon valves, but many are.
I did a lot of research before going this route. My only goal was reliability, not performance improvement.

IMHO, the common denominator to C6Z head repairs, no matter who does them, is properly machined concentric valve guides and valve seats. This is more important than the specific parts selected. Again,my opinion.

You can easily add about $2-3000 doing these heads with new TiMoly intakes, Moldstar guides, high end springs etc.
That is not including porting or roller rockers either.
To me, not required unless you are tracking the car or adding a blower, or just have deep pockets and want the best.

And, yes if you take your car to a shop to have all this done, it is going to cost more, why won't it, doesn't mean they are crooks.
You can't make blanket statements about the cost of doing these heads as there are many options and price points available.
You need to compare apples to apples.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread