Feb 28, 2015
fenelon falls
VetteCoins
Car
did any Z06 come minus the rear brake ducts , i know the FRC did not have them but specifically asking about the Z06

im helping a buddy settle an estate and his cousin had what was always thought to be a Z06 but when i looked at it no rear brake duct inlets , but has all other Z06 additions, seats , emblems , fuel rail covers , he bought it with only 1400 klms from a dealership and was told it was a Z06 im almost thinking he was scammed

is there a way to determine if its a Z06 by the vin ??

Thinking more about this. I guess someone could have filled in the rear duct work, accident damage perhaps?

Not impossible I guess to turn a coupe into a FRC using a couple of cars to achieve this. Certainly it is odd. Accident recovery?

Pics would certainly help. I assume it is a six speed manual, the instruments have Z06 logos on them.

Keep us posted on this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day
received_139794208049140.jpeg

this is the inky picture i have right now , 6 speed, guages have the Z06 emblem, seats are Z06 but all these parts are replaceable.

strange but like i said it came from a dealership with only 1400 klms on it

no accident as far as I'm aware , i can't get the vin right now but is there a way to find out from the vin ??

Example: 1G1YY22G725123456
1-3
- World Make Identifier (1G1=Chevrolet)
4/5 - Carline/Series (YY=Corvette)
6 - Body Style (1=Two-door coupe, 2=Two-door, 3=Two-door convertible)
7 - Restraint Code (2=Active [manual] belts with Driver and Passenger Inflatable Restraint System [frontal])
8 - Engine Type (G=346 ci/350 hp, S=346 ci/405 hp)
9 - Check Digit (Varies by VIN)
10 - Model Year (2=2002)
11 - Plant (5=Bowling Green, Kentucky)
12-17 - Production Sequence Number (100001 through 135763)

It should have a S for the engine type. It should also have the HUD, 405HP badge on the front fenders and the brake vents in the rear. There are other differences but those involve a much closer look.

Perhaps it is as simple as someone filling in the rear ducts. Maybe they broke a rocker and replaced them with non Z06 parts or I guess it is possible it just came like this from the factory. Can't remember what is under the car for the duct work at the rear so if it was just a let's make it different job maybe all the others bits and pieces are still there.

I have seen that car before somewhere, just not sure where. The CCW wheels kind of stand out. Great looking car.

Z06 did not have fog lamps or the switch in the dash.
no covers for the floor storage areas in the back.
lightweight carpet.
no run flats, came with a can of refill juice.
thinner windshield and back window.
bigger sway bars.

but I believe the eighth character in the vin being an ‘S’ will confirm it.

graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread